need help to get out of elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

t0ad5

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PogoPogoPogoPogo
These are solid performances, but they're also not outstanding.
Didn't realize that solid performances meant that I am struggling. Nor did I state that there isn't room for improvement.

Sephïroth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Solid performances will not get you out of Elo Hell. In fact, it probably means you're about where you belong.

Elo Hell is this place, that despite what some say, does exist where everyone in that level feels they're better than everyone else at that level. Those whom overcome their ego are the ones able to climb out. You have to realize your limitations, and that raging gets you no where, to get out.

That said, there is trolls at every level. Just accept it, and work with and around it.

t0ad5

09-20-2012

Quote:
Solid performances will not get you out of Elo Hell. In fact, it probably means you're about where you belong.
Fair enough. And I follow up with, I have had similar/better(?) solid performances at higher elo prior to being subject a to snowball of losses where I was unable to make up for the rest of my team. If this wasn't true, then I probably wouldn't be posting so much in this thread, because I would feel that my elo is justified?

As logic stands, this means that I have solid performance regardless of elo, which fails to prove true that I am where I belong. Hmm, think of track: "My time is better when I run in a faster heat".

I've realized and acknowledged that my limitations are the people I get stuck with in matches. They cannot be relied upon, and I will have to do everything myself to move up. I'm working on beating my own team (eluded to earlier, discussing champ select, etc) and theirs. And, I try to not rage, and instead say things like "that's ok, lets win".

Man, I can feel my elo raising already.

Thank you for your input.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-20-2012

t0ad5, keep up with this attitude all you want. It's not helping you get out of Elo hell.

t0ad5

09-20-2012

The is the opposite of what the other guy said:
"You have to realize your limitations, and that raging gets you no where, to get out."

I acknowledged that, while I do have room to grow, my team is the primary reason for my losses and I need to overcome this by not giving them any credit towards being competent players, and assume that I must do everything myself to move up.

I thought this is what you wanted? Your suggestion for me to move up was to outplay everyone? I would have to go back several posts... its whatever.

dead robit

09-20-2012

-If you get a troll queue and you're the only one that will dodge, dodge. Do your homework or study for the next 30 minutes.

-If you lose 2 in a row stop doing ranked for the day and try again tomorrow.

-DON'T EVER start a queue if you're angry about a previous game. You need a calm and positive attitude before joining EVERY queue to play at your peak performance.

-NEVER insult your teammates. No matter how stupid they are, just ignore them. Keep a positive attitude and try to spread the positive attitude to your team. I've had so many games where we were 5-10 kills down and I helped keep my team calm, and we came back due to arrogance/bad teamfighting skills of the other teams.

-Wards. I need to improve this one when I'm ad carry. Wards are undeniably the most OP things in the game. EVERYBODY SHOULD BUY WARDS. Map awareness is your friend. A 75 gold ward can save a teammate's life, save your own life, secure a kill, or secure a dragon/baron.

Hope this helped.

dead robit

09-20-2012

every one in ranked will experience trolls and leavers and such. but lets take the statistics. there is a 4/5 chance that some one on your team will be assuming you are not a troll yourself. so if you play well smart and cooperate. then your chances are lower than the 5/5 chance some one on the enemy team could have a troll. there's only 4 slots open for your team and 5 for theirs. do the math with enough games you should have less trolls not more. i understand this is coin logic if you flip a coin 10 times it should be 5 and 5 heads and tails some times you could get 9 tails. but you flip it 10,000 times you most likely will come out pretty even. play enough be supportive even if some jack ass feeds on purpose. YOUR ATTITUDE DRAMATICALLY AFFECTS YOUR ELO. enough said. i too have suffered from trolls and leavers and am at 1230 or so i believe i belong at a higher bracket. but you know how i plan to get there appeasing the trolls playing support buying wards playing smart and keeping team morale as high as possible

PogoPogoPogoPogo

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad5 View Post
The is the opposite of what the other guy said:
"You have to realize your limitations, and that raging gets you no where, to get out."

I acknowledged that, while I do have room to grow, my team is the primary reason for my losses and I need to overcome this by not giving them any credit towards being competent players, and assume that I must do everything myself to move up.

I thought this is what you wanted? Your suggestion for me to move up was to outplay everyone? I would have to go back several posts... its whatever.
"not giving them [your teammates] any credit towards being competent players, and assume that I must do everything myself to move up"

and "outplay everyone" are the same thing...

But something just doesn't sit right with me here, and that's your continued assumption that your teammates are consistently worse than your opponents--they're not. Your teammates and enemies are taken from the same pool of players. They have identical average skill levels.

This is why Elo works for 5v5. If you give yourself 4 teammates and 5 enemies of identical skill level, your skill will eventually be determined with a large enough sample size of matches.

If you're a 1500 Elo player playing with four 900 Elo teammates and five 900 Elo opponents, you will come out ahead in terms of wins and losses.

If you're a 900 Elo player playing with 900 Elo teammates against 900 Elo opponents, you're going to break about even on wins and losses.

Again, some matches may solely be determined by one extraordinarily bad player on either team, but he's not on your team more often then he's on the enemy team.

And the simple fact of the matter is, t0ad5, anyone can look at your match history. You've got some good, solid performances. You have some bad performances too. There's nothing special. There's nothing spectacularly good in all your matches, and there's nothing spectacularly bad in all your matches. And when you do good, your team tends to win, and when you do bad, your team tends to lose. What's wrong with an ranking system that gives you positive Elo when you do good and your team wins and gives you negative Elo when you do bad and your team loses?

t0ad5

09-20-2012

Quote:
your continued assumption that your teammates are consistently worse than your opponents--they're not
The assumption is that most everyone, my team and theirs, will be bad.

Quote:
What's wrong with an ranking system that gives you positive Elo when you do good and your team wins and gives you negative Elo when you do bad and your team loses?
I didn't say there was something wrong with this. I said match making could use work. And, I said I was bored of the people at my elo, that I don't belong here.
Which, really, doesn't matter, because, as you have pointed out, I am statistically likely to go back up, eventually, since I'm better than the ppl at this elo.

15 games in a row with baddies, trolls, dc/afk, what have you will do that. That is more than 100 elo right there. If that didn't happen, I would still be on the way up, or at least I would have found where I should be. Now I have to do a bunch of back work to find out, with bad players, an uphill battle. Especially with a 50/50 win/loss statistic, yes?

Glenn Quagmire

09-20-2012

well i know what it feels like to lose games due to ******* but like if u think about it..... if u are in a ranked que u have a 4/5 chances to be potientially tards... considering you are decent. On the other hand, the other team has 5/5 chances to be potientially tards. though if someone leaves because of rage... thats another story and ik it sucks to lose elo for someones anger issues but its not like riot can do much. if someone had to leave a game because of emergency and u give them a ban.. thats pretty harsh ... but yeah i feel ya. im only like 1300 elo but i personally dont believe in elo hell because like i said if you are decent u have an advantage.. Even though u might have been in que with trolls/ragers the other team has a higher chance.. therefore i do NOT believe in elo hell. im 1300 elo and i think thats where i belong