Practice Games vs Bots

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Axel Grease

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2010

This shutting out of bot practice games has lost them at least a few of my friends. I invited them to play during one of these times, and since they couldn't play bot practice (like the tutorial tells them to do) they went into normal games, where they were promptly stomped by a bunch of alts. Shortly after that they quit.

I can understand the technical reason for it, but it makes absolutely no business sense to shut off bot practice games. Or hell, at least keep the min player limit at 2 so you can have a mentoring thing going on.

Tzenker

09-22-2010

I can't say I care much for the 4 person limitation. 3 would be a more sensible number, since there are, after all, 3 v 3 matches.

Sanjiro Morigami

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzenker View Post
I can't say I care much for the 4 person limitation. 3 would be a more sensible number, since there are, after all, 3 v 3 matches.
I would have to agree, I can work with 3 people, Hell as riot know since they can look up my stats I have invited 3 people, but guess what? due to the limit on matches all 3 of them just said F*#@ it and went back to StarCraft 2. The only thing I just don't get is, for an online only game, you would think that they would have more then enough servers to handle player load. I really don't want to be banned for talking about this, but If a mod could perhaps move this thread to help/support that would be really helpful

Sarrin

09-22-2010

Annoying, but true. Still, it would be much less annoying if they actually explained what was going on when they throw you that error message- or at least gave some acknowledgement that this isn't buisness-as-usual. I spent all of yesterday thinking the new patch was responsible, and therefor crappy.

Kektk

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by colloquial View Post
When the servers are particularly busy or Riot is worried about server stability they put in a real person limit to practice games. This lessens the server load and helps server stability. Once things calm down again the practice game limit will be removed.
So the server is busy between the times of 9pm till 6am (when people are supposed to be sleeping) and again from 11am till 4pm (when people are at work/school)? Yeah, that makes sense...

Sanjiro Morigami

09-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kektk View Post
So the server is busy between the times of 9pm till 6am (when people are supposed to be sleeping) and again from 11am till 4pm (when people are at work/school)? Yeah, that makes sense...
you sir are one of the great minds of our generation, and I salute you. that aside it is very odd that the cap remains no matter what time of day it is. It might be odd, but most other games tend to just add a new server, not sure exactly how this game does things, but something has to be done, this is just silly