☆☆☆ WHY You Should Click PUNISH For One Bad Incident Out Of Five ☆☆☆

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritys Disciple View Post
Your title really means

"WHY I THINK you should click..."

Meaning, you have an opinion on how the community should behave based on your logical deduction of what could happen.

If that's not an opinion i don't know what is.
I'll repeat.

The reason for clicking PUNISH is not an opinion. It's a logical conclusion based on the possibility that exists due to how the system is designed.

It's basically a form of MATH.

If the purpose of Tribunal is to encourage reform/sportsmanship and punish toxic behavior, then it would go against that purpose to not click Punish for one guilty incident out of five because of how the system is designed.

The logical conclusion from adding 1 + 1 here is that due to the possibilities that exist, one should click Punish in this case since the alternative would not fit with the purpose of Tribunal.

That the possibilities of the examples in the original post could exist is not an assumption. It's a fact due to how the system is designed.

To eliminate the possibility of the scenario where a player goes on to repeat toxic behavior, the logical conclusion is to click Punish in the example given in the original post as well as all cases in which there is at least one punishable incident out of five.

Tethin

11-07-2012

bump. This new gen of tribunal need to understand this.

Goodbye to sleep

11-07-2012

I think it's kind of stupid to look at it this way. 1 out of 5 isn't 1 out of 5, it's 1 out of maybe 100? How many games have they played that they didn't get falsely reported for playing?

Jdub1984

11-07-2012

I was about to ask what to do, I hate losing rating becuase I punish people who have been reported in 4 games and 3 were prettty much nothing and 1 they swore up and down at their team and enemies. I lost alot of rating punishing these guys becuase I cant stand when people tell me to STFU or start cussing at me (makes me rage lol then I become the toxic player >_<) but yeah just stating that I was about to post a case I saw earlier today that I just skipped becuase I hate losing ratings on these types of cases.

Thanks for this post Johnny helps me figure out better if I should punish ro pardon on these types.

JohnnyOmega

11-07-2012

Posting a bunch of case links doesn't refute the fact that Riot staffers still perform manual audits of case files.

Riot staff have access to all reported incidents including reported incidents that didn't show up on cases.

A Riot auditor can pull up a player's case file and look through these reports. If the player currently has a case in Tribunal, then the Riot auditor can adjust the dial setting on the punishment level from down to zero to all the way up to permanent suspension.

A Riot auditor can manually apply any level of suspension onto a player outside of Tribunal as well. This has been done in the past for all sorts of offenses including abuse of report system and abuse of game exploit.

In simple terms, the Tribunal punishment process is like a semi-automated machine with a suspension period limit. The Tribunal voters can decide whether the machine doles out a punishment but they can't affect the punishment level. A Riot auditor on the other hand can adjust the setting manually to reduce punishment or raise it above the automated limit (up to permaban).

Elanorien

11-07-2012

Hi Johnny, just saw you're around and posting. Hate to bug ya and drag on what's proving to be a pointless argument, but I find you to be one of the most intelligent and informed people who post on this forum, and your posts are always well thought and well said. I was hoping you could expand on what I've tried to explain to these people, perhaps you can get through to them where I haven't. Or perhaps they're just trolls and I'm wasting your time. Here's the link to the thread:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2773710

P.S. Terribly sorry to get off topic, but at least it bumps your thread .

cornchowdar

11-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
Posting a bunch of case links doesn't refute the fact that Riot staffers still perform manual audits of case files.

Riot staff have access to all reported incidents including reported incidents that didn't show up on cases.

A Riot auditor can pull up a player's case file and look through these reports. If the player currently has a case in Tribunal, then the Riot auditor can adjust the dial setting on the punishment level from down to zero to all the way up to permanent suspension.

A Riot auditor can manually apply any level of suspension onto a player outside of Tribunal as well. This has been done in the past for all sorts of offenses including abuse of report system and abuse of game exploit.

In simple terms, the Tribunal punishment process is like a semi-automated machine with a suspension period limit. The Tribunal voters can decide whether the machine doles out a punishment but they can't affect the punishment level. A Riot auditor on the other hand can adjust the setting manually to reduce punishment or raise it above the automated limit (up to permaban).

You're calling Riot incompetent? ... and after all they've done for you.

JohnnyOmega

11-07-2012

A letter from Riot staff's manual audits.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2775877

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticSkink View Post
It appears people have just started recieving bans directly from Riot. The email these people are recieving includes:

------------------------

Your League of Legends account has been suspended for violations to the Summoner’s Code. This action follows the conclusion of an audit performed by Riot staff. During this audit we found that your account was among the bottom 0.8% of toxic players within the League of Legends Community.

In addition to the Tribunal, Player Support routinely performs audits of the most toxic players within the Community. Due to the high volume of reports on your account the decision has been made to suspend your account for fourteen (14) days.

------------------------

If you received this email you have not been banned by the tribunal, but directly by what appears to be a ban wave by Riot. You will not have a reform card or a tribunal case as the ban did not come from the tribunal.

There is little feedback this forum can provide due to this. If you really want Riot to look at your situation you need to contact them directly.
https://support.leagueoflegends.com/...s_requests/new

cornchowdar

11-07-2012

Well, you have to either admit that they whoever audited those cases was completely inept, or that they don't audit all cases manually.

There's no other explanation for the cases that have surfaced. Maybe that's just an EU phenomenon... or maybe that link you provided is the recent answer to the problem, since they have been getting a lot of complaints recently.