☆☆☆ WHY You Should Click PUNISH For One Bad Incident Out Of Five ☆☆☆

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnnyOmega

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritys Disciple View Post
You do not need to inform everyone of everything. If riot thinks its important enough to sticky they will. Otherwise, add something or move on.
I do not believe this thread alone is enough to be sticky'd.

It is however certainly worth bumping once a day so long as players keep posting threads that would be more easily solved by reading the original post on this thread.

Puritys Disciple

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyOmega View Post
I do not believe this thread alone is enough to be sticky'd.

It is however certainly worth bumping once a day so long as players keep posting threads that would be more easily solved by reading the original post on this thread.
You do not believe it should be stickied, but that it should be visible on a daily basis to prevent future threads.

K.

That makes alot of sense right?

I'm not going to get off-topic more as i'm violating the rules myself in calling you out. Just stop bumping unless you actually have something to add. Not to mention, this is like, you opinion after all.

JohnnyOmega

11-06-2012

Quote:
You do not believe it should be stickied, but that it should be visible on a daily basis to prevent future threads.

K.

That makes alot of sense right?

I'm not going to get off-topic more as i'm violating the rules myself in calling you out. Just stop bumping unless you actually have something to add. Not to mention, this is like, you opinion after all.
This thread technically isn't about an opinion. It's about a logical prediction of events that occur when a player hits Punish or Pardon; an explanation of what can go wrong and what people often have misconceptions about.

Puritys Disciple

11-06-2012

Quote:
This thread technically isn't about an opinion. It's about a logical prediction of events that occur when a player hits Punish or Pardon; an explanation of what can go wrong and what people often have misconceptions about.
So its your opinion about how people will behave, and how the community should make its decisions.

I'm confused on how exactly this is a fact.

JohnnyOmega

11-06-2012

Quote:
So its your opinion about how people will behave, and how the community should make its decisions.

I'm confused on how exactly this is a fact.
It's a prediction of how people COULD behave. The fact is that this possibility exists based on how the system is designed.

Writing how I think they WILL behave would be an opinion.

cornchowdar

11-06-2012

Quote:
It's a prediction of how people COULD behave.
Based on your own assumptions i.e. it's your opinion.

JohnnyOmega

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchowdar View Post
Based on your own assumptions i.e. it's your opinion.
It's a formulation based on facts, not assumptions.

Everything in the possibilities is based on research of the system; not how I think the system works but on how the system actually works.

I have never said that people will definitely act the way that is described in the possibilities given.

I have stated that they are examples of what could happen from the very beginning.

If I said they would probably happen, that would be the opinion.

Could and would are not the same.

The reason for clicking PUNISH is not an opinion. It's a logical conclusion based on the possibility that exists due to how the system is designed.

It's basically a form of MATH.

If the purpose of Tribunal is to encourage reform/sportsmanship and punish toxic behavior, then it would go against that purpose to not click Punish for one guilty incident out of five because of how the system is designed.

The logical conclusion from adding 1 + 1 here is that due to the possibilities that exist, one should click Punish in this case since the alternative would not fit with the purpose of Tribunal.

Puritys Disciple

11-06-2012

Quote:
It's a formulation based on facts.

Everything in the possibilities is based on research of the system; not how I think the system works but on how the system actually works.

I have never said that people will definitely act the way that is described in the possibilities given.

I have stated that they are examples of what could happen from the very beginning.

Your title really means

"WHY I THINK you should click..."

Meaning, you have an opinion on how the community should behave based on your logical deduction of what could happen.

If that's not an opinion i don't know what is.

cornchowdar

11-06-2012

Quote:
It's a formulation based on facts, not assumptions.

You don't recognize the assumption that Riot manually audits bans, because they don't anymore.

To clarify, there are plenty of cases going around that prove that there are bans, both temporary and permanent, that are not reviewed by Riot staff.

That is one of the latest and greatest sources of complaint.

JohnnyOmega

11-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornchowdar View Post
You don't recognize the assumption that Riot manually audits bans, because they don't anymore.

To clarify, there are plenty of cases going around that prove that there are bans, both temporary and permanent, that are not reviewed by Riot staff.

That is one of the latest and greatest sources of complaint.

You're either lying or misinformed.

Riot has never discontinued manual audits of case files.