Champion Auditions - Guidelines Discussion/Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Senior Member

09-21-2012

I just want for the Auditions to be able to go smoothly enough that the New Champ Asker can be indoctrinated without issue.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Me too.

That's why I wrote up these guidelines and hoped the community would provide more feedback.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Senior Member

09-21-2012

I have re-read the guidelines, and must question the reasoning behind wanting the community to decide the judges. Isn't favoritism what we want to avoid? If the community (meaning the RP forumites and any who just want to vote) is meant to vote, how do they do so? And how could we decide who is eligible to be judge in the first place? Neutrality, yeah, but then there's so few of us on here that are truly neutral (I actually am, because I currently have the mindset of not liking any of you in reality).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

09-21-2012

(Well thanks Viktor. I love you too.)

Most of us are neutral, I think. I try not to dislike any of you. Even the ones whose character drive me up the wall....*COUGHElicMboyCOUGH*.

I don't know and I don't care about their OOC. You all might and that's fine, but I don't and if that is their issue we can see it in the judging process, thus you might want a few back up judges to be ready to transfer in.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Iron Ambássador

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Well, if you choose to be a judge, you should be impartial and neutral. No matter whether your friend is one of the candidates or not.

When the audition idea was first thrown out, people were suggesting me for a judge... I'm still not sure why.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

Senior Member

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
I have re-read the guidelines, and must question the reasoning behind wanting the community to decide the judges. Isn't favoritism what we want to avoid? If the community (meaning the RP forumites and any who just want to vote) is meant to vote, how do they do so? And how could we decide who is eligible to be judge in the first place? Neutrality, yeah, but then there's so few of us on here that are truly neutral (I actually am, because I currently have the mindset of not liking any of you in reality).
This is a valid point.

The reasoning behind the community offering their service/suggesting people to judge is based upon the feeling of the community. If they LIKE the people judging, they are more likely to be happy with the outcome of the judges if they elected those judges themselves. Instead of someone just volunteering and the community having no say, with this system, we allow the community to decide who will take over if they can't elect a winner by votes alone.

All of this is about the community as a whole having a say in the proceedings, since the main cause of complaining and raging seems to stem from people not feeling like their votes mattered for anything, or that the judges were unfair, or something like that. As a community we have a right to be represented as a whole as best we can. So, involving the community to select judges/representatives is more effective at meeting those goals than having them chosen randomly or something.

Voting is something similar to favoritism, I'll agree, but so is electing a representative to office. If more people respect their positions on subjects, it makes more sense for them to represent the whole than someone that is unpopular in their views or whatnot. One has a better finger on the pulse of the community etc. and is therefore a better choice for being a judge.

See what I mean?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

Senior Member

09-24-2012

*Sigh*

Bump


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Senior Member

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
Voting is something similar to favoritism, I'll agree, but so is electing a representative to office. If more people respect their positions on subjects, it makes more sense for them to represent the whole than someone that is unpopular in their views or whatnot. One has a better finger on the pulse of the community etc. and is therefore a better choice for being a judge.
Presidential elections for the past 10 years would like to say "**** you".

George W. Bush was elected and took office in 2001, then the September 11 attacks happened and he sent troops to the Middle East to hunt down the ones responsible. In 2008 he was elected again, and things only went downhill from there. The US economy suffered because of the military activity, since money had to go to the soldiers who were fighting for their lives, and GW didn't do a thing for the people of this country.

Say what you will, but allowing a vast number of people to vote on electing specific individuals is a bad idea because people are gullible idiots who don't know what they want and will make bad choices out of ignorance. GWB is a prime example - he promised so many things and people liked him so much that he got elected, but when he was finally in office he was like a king who only made public appearances and didn't do jack for the people/country he represented.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ryugi Kazamaru

Senior Member

09-24-2012

Vik, this isn't about politics. It's about voting for judges. If you want to voice your political opinion, do it elsewhere.

Experience and understanding within the community is important for this, and many people within this community are respected for that, like Anivia, Udyr, or Riven, or other such persons. The people that understand how these things mesh together is what is really important when it comes down to it. The community wants to vote for what they like and or consider to be the best. If they are divided, the decision on how to proceed falls to the judges.

The judges, therefore, should be trusted individuals, and not people without experience in what makes a good roleplayer, or a good champion etc. That way, if the decision falls to them, they will use their experiences and understanding to arrive at the best choice for the community.

If you can offer up suggestions to make things better, you're welcome, but yelling about political views isn't going to help us settle these audition arguments.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

Senior Member

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
Vik, this isn't about politics. It's about voting for judges. If you want to voice your political opinion, do it elsewhere.

Experience and understanding within the community is important for this, and many people within this community are respected for that, like Anivia, Udyr, or Riven, or other such persons. The people that understand how these things mesh together is what is really important when it comes down to it. The community wants to vote for what they like and or consider to be the best. If they are divided, the decision on how to proceed falls to the judges.

The judges, therefore, should be trusted individuals, and not people without experience in what makes a good roleplayer, or a good champion etc. That way, if the decision falls to them, they will use their experiences and understanding to arrive at the best choice for the community.

If you can offer up suggestions to make things better, you're welcome, but yelling about political views isn't going to help us settle these audition arguments.
And just who can rightfully claim they know what makes "good roleplaying", hmm? Would they base this on quality? Quantity? What if the community wanted more quality but the judges wanted more quantity? Or what if the community wanted more quantity but the judges wanted more quality? Ultimately, what it all falls to is power and authority. Those who are chosen to be judges can easily be corrupted by the power they would wield. This is something that has happened throughout history with few exceptions. Simple people can't make fair decisions. Though authorities aren't that much better.

You wanna know the truth? What I really think about your system? It can't work by virtue of human nature.