Champion Auditions - Guidelines Discussion/Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
Possibly.

EDIT: However, some people may not be comfortable effectively "giving out" their email by doing that.
Rule of thumb: if a person is uncomfortable with giving their email, either the account is something along the lines of <censoredwords>@whatever.com, or their mail provider/firewall/virus soft is insecure but they procrastinate instead of getting a good one.

Motivation to get better mail?

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
Rule of thumb: if a person is uncomfortable with giving their email, either the account is something along the lines of <censoredwords>@whatever.com, or their mail provider/firewall/virus soft is insecure but they procrastinate instead of getting a good one.

Motivation to get better mail?
Or perhaps they just don't want people knowing their email address? Some people just value their privacy.

My main email, for example, has my real name and such in it. So, I have a gmail that forwards things to it if I need to use something else. In any case, forcing someone to make a new email just for the sake of auditioning or whatever seems a little excessive and unnecessary.

1Eredale

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Um... isn't a new email required to make a smurf anyway since you can't use the same email twice? Or did things change when I last registered an account?

benjimenfire

09-18-2012

I like it because it is democratic

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-18-2012

For all the rage we've gotten pertaining to auditions, most people seem to have voiced interest in this system.

However, I feel like a large part of the community is staying silent here.

This is for you guys, not for my own benefit.

If you guys don't weigh in, we can't work it out to avoid problems like the past stuff from happening.

So, please. If you're lurking, post some feedback.

We could really use some.

Tkman

09-18-2012

Seems like a reasonable system. I've been getting a little irked by people just suddenly insta-having a smurf and deploying it the instant a character is announced 'for the lulz'. If we want this community to flourish, we'll need some degree of professionalism among Askers, but still be able to have fun with it at the same time. As such, a trial by veterans seems like the most viable option, since they'd certainly have a greater understanding of the RP'ing community and its needs. Would also be a deterrent to insta-grabbers who would likely do their respective characters no justice.

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-18-2012

I agree, which is in part why I created the system the way that I did. It takes the judges into account if the community cannot come to a consensus, and if it does, the judges, too, are chosen by the community, so there should be less of an issue present.

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-20-2012

Bump.

With Kha'Zix on the way, I think we need to iron these out before he hits so we have guidelines.

Geokhan

09-20-2012

You put a lot of thought into this. I see nothing to whine about, but I am a little thick. Someone somewhere might have one. If nothing else, they are lazy.

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-20-2012

If no one else gives feedback or offers suggestions, I'll suggest that whoever DOES decide to run the next Audition use these guidelines.