Champion Auditions - Guidelines Discussion/Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ask the Herald

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Ambássador View Post
Speaking of Kha'Zix... is anyone else sorta excited for the first Void champion to come out since Malzahar? Because I am. *Tempted to buy RP*

And yeah, the amount of smurfing done in advance is a bit ridiculous. It would probably be better to do it how Eredale suggested imo.
The fact that the call Kha'Zix the "most evolved Champion of the League" irritates me to no end.

It's like they're purposely taking pot shots at Viktor, at this point.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Sad robot is sad

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
So regarding this whole Ask Champion thing.

Why not make a smurf -after- you are accepted as said Champion? What if, say, some omega-awesome champion is released, and 10 people at once want to play him? They would have 10 smurfs with different names, which may devolve into something far from comprehensible as the generic "Ask X" names are taken. I can see people already having some struggle with findind a new smurf name when they have to take over a champion who has already been played.

I understand that right now this is less of an issue, with just 2-3 people in auditions, but as the community grows, the problem grows. It may not be code red immediate, but it's there.
The problem is something I mentioned in the first post.

If you don't make a smurf, people will recognize your name, and vote for their friends. We've seen it happen already once, and that isn't fair to other people. With the smurf, you keep things hush hush, and it is more fair to yourself and others.

Normally, I would agree, but in the interest of fairness, I think doing it with the smurfs is more open to fairness.

Ebonmaw Dragon

09-18-2012

How about a different smurf with a random name like lsahdfkjlsfh? after the winner is choosen, he make a acc named "Ask <Champion>" (or something like that)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask the Herald View Post
The fact that the call Kha'Zix the "most evolved Champion of the League" irritates me to no end.

It's like they're purposely taking pot shots at Viktor, at this point.
But GLORIOUS EVOLUTION > mere evolution

AsktheCardmaster

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
I'd think people would make a thread where they would send out a call for judge applicants. Then, people would suggest themselves or other persons.
Please do inform the person you are suggesting, that you did indeed suggest them. I rarely look at stuff that are not other ask threads, Rp's I'm in, and stuff that interests me.

The notification would allow those nominated (if they are accepted) to keep tabs on the event. This way I don't have somone come on my thread and be like, "Dude....we need your feed back for the audition."

I would then have to search to find all information about the audition and make hasty judgements in order to keep things rolling smoothly.

TL;DR: Please just notify the person you are nominating.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

Before you nominate preferably.

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-18-2012

That should go without saying, really.

1Eredale

09-18-2012

....Or get a public email where people could send texts of their auditions .-.

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-18-2012

Possibly.

EDIT: However, some people may not be comfortable effectively "giving out" their email by doing that.

Geokhan

09-18-2012

I know too many trolls.