Champion Auditions - Guidelines Discussion/Feedback

123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryugi Kazamaru View Post
Honestly, that is exactly the reason I'm offering up this system for discussion, so that we can avoid sh*tstorms as the community, more or less as a whole, gave feedback and came to create a system that they can all deal with via compromise etc.
My politicians told me not to compromise. It weakens my character and my government that was founded on it.

:P

Ask the Herald

09-16-2012

...Before the auditions started, in the case of Jayce, there were so many people crawling out of the woodwork to take up the role of the "new" Champion. So many wanted to be the Defender of Tomorrow, but how could we turn any of them down without there being some bitterness directed to the one who claimed it?

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

Which is why we need to do something. This is brainstorm to see if we can improve upon a system that isn't just a lazy attempt to avoid anger and rage. Also bumping for society.

Paltala

09-17-2012

I approve of this.
although, will the judges be a set group for ALL auditions or will there be new judges for each audition?

Iron Ambássador

09-17-2012

I'd rather have different judges per audition, since the judges might not be interested enough in all new champions to bother judging as best they can.

Geokhan

09-17-2012

/\/\

Ryugi Kazamaru

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paltala View Post
I approve of this.
although, will the judges be a set group for ALL auditions or will there be new judges for each audition?
This was what I had in mind.

1Eredale

09-17-2012

So regarding this whole Ask Champion thing.

Why not make a smurf -after- you are accepted as said Champion? What if, say, some omega-awesome champion is released, and 10 people at once want to play him? They would have 10 smurfs with different names, which may devolve into something far from comprehensible as the generic "Ask X" names are taken. I can see people already having some struggle with findind a new smurf name when they have to take over a champion who has already been played.

I understand that right now this is less of an issue, with just 2-3 people in auditions, but as the community grows, the problem grows. It may not be code red immediate, but it's there.

Ask the Herald

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Eredale View Post
So regarding this whole Ask Champion thing.

Why not make a smurf -after- you are accepted as said Champion? What if, say, some omega-awesome champion is released, and 10 people at once want to play him? They would have 10 smurfs with different names, which may devolve into something far from comprehensible as the generic "Ask X" names are taken. I can see people already having some struggle with findind a new smurf name when they have to take over a champion who has already been played.

I understand that right now this is less of an issue, with just only 2-3 people in auditions, but as the community grows, the problem grows. It may not be code red immediate, but it's there.
...I can guarantee you that there are already sleeper "Ask Kha'Zix" smurf waiting to pounce as we speak.

Iron Ambássador

09-17-2012

Speaking of Kha'Zix... is anyone else sorta excited for the first Void champion to come out since Malzahar? Because I am. *Tempted to buy RP*

And yeah, the amount of smurfing done in advance is a bit ridiculous. It would probably be better to do it how Eredale suggested imo.

123456 ... 7