Ashe is Underpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

M1k3W4r

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonancy View Post
1. You suck and you're probably a troll.
2. Vampiric scepter sucks as a starting item
3. Level up volley first and only put one point in Hawkshot until later levels
4. Learn to stack BF Sword--->Bloodthirster/Infinity Edge
Not a troll. Its funny because i went 26/0 the other day as rayze, yet i cant go 2/1 with ashe. i know its something im doing wrong but i cant figure it out yet thanks for the help.

mcguigz

09-21-2010

And ya

Ult > Volley > Q > Hawkshot

Sorry I forget names of spells

M1k3W4r

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eph2verse8and9 View Post
1) Don't start with a vamp scepter. Get a Doran's Shield/Sword or Boots and 3 health potions.

2) Get Volley first. Then 1 level of frost shot at level 2. Then Volley again. Then Hawkshot at level 4 for scouting if you want it. Then Volley again. Then ultimate. Then volley.

3) Your first item should be either a Brutalizer or a BF Sword unless you're going for Catalyst the Protector first.

4) There are guides on www.leaguecraft.com that can help. They're better IMO than the ones here only because you can sort by rating and they have pics and tables.

Gl hf
Thanks for your help.

Pregnant Rhino

09-21-2010

Doran's Ring + Potion (Volley spam ftw!)
Brutalizer
Boots 1
Boots of Swiftness
BF Sword
Consider buying elixirs any time you're at base from this point on.
IE
Situational.

That's the basic setup. As for skills, max volley and ECA first. When soloing, I get hawk at 2, since I don't need slow yet. I then get two ranks of slow and then max out hawk before finishing slow. I find that with slow at level 2, I can catch most champions. The extra range on hawk is awesome, letting you scout buffs from across the map.

The real skill component of ashe comes in knowing what to do in fights. Basically, stay back as far as you can possibly be while still being useful. If anyone goes for you and your team isn't good enough to cover for you, run and kite.

zignatur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

IMO, get DPS carry runes (armor pen & mp5 in glyph / seal).

Then, try to max out your cooldowns with 9 0 21, and lane effectively till level 9, skilling volley > frost arrow > owl.

When you're at 9, you can pretty well dominate a lane. I'd suggest getting a catalyst, as if you've really farmed the hell out of your lane, you don't need to rush an IE as many would suggest. Alternating between more armor pen & CDR (Brutalizer), you can pretty well continue to dominate your lane and play the role of a DPS carry, farming most game and then dominating late.

Kinney

09-21-2010

The biggest mistake new Ashe players make is getting lots of attack speed and/or lifesteal. For Ashe, you pretty much just want raw attack damage and armor penetration (in other words, the only two stats that Volley scales with) with a sprinkling of crit here and there - don't bother with attack speed unless it's Last Whisper*, and don't bother with lifesteal unless it's Bloodthirster. NEVER PLAY ASHE WITH MALADY.

*In some ultra-rare circumstances, you may consider Madred's Bloodrazor, but that's only if a, the other team has a ton of HP, and b, you don't have an AD attacker with an attack speed steroid skill that can get more use out of Madred's than you (Kog'maw, Tristana, Twisted Fate, Xin Zhao, Twitch, even Olaf) or Malzahar on your team.

Milo4k

09-21-2010

You have to be extremely careful of your positioning as Ashe, as she is one of the squishest champion in the game. Do not let anyone get close to you under any circumstances. Always pop Ghost and/or Flash when that happens. Exhaust can help quite a bit too.

Eddy01741

09-21-2010

-R>W>Q>E for skills. Get one point in E early on if you want to, but seriously, there is no reason to deviate from that skill order as volley is constant mana cost, but big cooldown reduction and modest damage increase per level of skill, so it's clearly the skill to be leveling up

-Don't start with vampiric scepter, don't auto-attack the minions, just last hit. Vampiric scepter is only useful for healing if you auto-attack creeps, but that makes you lose last hits more often than if you go for last hitting only, start with doran's shield, regrowth pendant, or even just boots of speed and 3x hp potions

-Reiterating skill order here, but don't get more than 1 level of hawk shot/plentiful bounty. THink about it, the difference between getting like 28 and 33 gold per minion killed isn't very big. THe bigger issue here is simply getting the last hits rather than getting a modest gold increase from the last hits.

-Your auto won't "tickle" once you have a BF Sword, and if you use Ashe's passive critical chance to your advantage, infinity edge will make your first shot critical hurt a lot

-Your slow is fairly strong for a spammable (per auto-attack applied) slow, don't forget that Volley has more range than auto attack and auto-applies frost shot

SerendipityLost

09-21-2010

I always go positive with Ashe...
Start with a dorian's item.
Level volley, last hit the **** out of the other guys, volley to clear waves that manage to pile up. Don't overextend.

in teamfights, let the tank initiate, when they're done blowing their spells, go in and meltfaces with 1k crits.