Hmmm Forum Moderators?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xdzy

09-21-2010

I don’t think I've ever been a part of a forum/message board where there are NO serious moderators.

Warnings for spamming, trolling, etc....

There are a few key people who I see that do nothing but troll on the here; some of them even have "trolling" or "troll" in their names. Yet, they still do it every day and never make a constructive post. Nine out of ten of the first responces are usually: ok, cool story, so, first, qq, umad... the list goes on and we all see it.

Why is there never any disciplinary action ever being taken on this forum?

Warscythes

09-21-2010

Because the threads that are bad enough are deleted by said mods.

Venom Stoneice

09-21-2010

Depends on your definition of "trolling."

And yes, you just got trolled.

PhailRaptor

Adjudicator

09-21-2010

Pendragon, the guy from Riot responsible for that kind of thing, seems to think the T-up/T-down system is good enough to take care of that. Obviously, opinions will differ greatly on that score.

EmissaryShadow

Emissary of the League

09-21-2010

I've seen Riot ban plenty of trolls, and delete spam threads.They rarely give warnings, behave or be banned

They also close flame wars and other trouble threads. If there is a particular thread or poster offending you, you can report it to harassment@riotgames.com

EchoMending

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhailRaptor View Post
Pendragon, the guy from Riot responsible for that kind of thing, seems to think the T-up/T-down system is good enough to take care of that. Obviously, opinions will differ greatly on that score.
Downvoted just to illustrate your point.

xdzy

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
I've seen Riot ban plenty of trolls, and delete spam threads.They rarely give warnings, behave or be banned.[/email]
In which case, carry on. lol

I guess it's more of a case of it not being publicly seen that people are being acted upon.

Edit: I only started topic this because I always seem to find this ONE particular person trolling people everyday, then saying "you've been trolled" or "obvious troll is obvious". I just wanted to know if they would ever be taken care of, or atleast warned to stop.