Darius - Way too over powered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Theguythatyou210

09-17-2012

Just pick Leblanc. Totally counters darius. He is coming at you hit him with your e and then a q the second proc of your e,the snare, will proc your q and he will not be able to grab you. If he does grab you then just w out.

Corsair114

09-17-2012

Dunno if Darius is truly overpowered or not, not really been playing for very long. He's a real melee powerhouse, to be sure. The biggest problem I see with him on 3 vs 3 is that he's a fantastic choice because of the size of the map while also being a hard counter to the most commonly picked champions (in Blind, I daresay, most commonly picked champions period): melee bruisers. This becomes an exaggerated problem when no one owns/plays a good counter to Darius who you're even more likely to see on Twisted Treeline than Summoner's Rift.

Well, anyway, just my two cents based on my limited experience.

DragonOdyssey

09-17-2012

Although Darius is a major power house when it comes to damage, he still has his weaknesses. He has NO escape tools, nothing to save him while running. Stuns and slows will ruin him, also, as it'll slow down the rate he can deal damage. Champs with a range advantage are powerful against him, as Apprehend is his only ability that will let him get into range. You may also want to try to make him waste Noxian Guillotine, as it's the prime reason he's so powerful.

RQDoga

09-17-2012

Rengar 5 fero hit level 2 = darius destroyed.

SaveTheMaids

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CounterSnipe View Post
He cannot win against teemo or malphite in lane. Those are his direct counters.
Darius also has no cc other than his pull, making him a very easy to read champion, there's nothing tricky to him at all. Sure, his damage out put is high, but that's making up for his complete lack of cc. Read a darius guide on solomid.net and take his counters into account if you see him on the enemy team.
Not sure about Malphite, but I've seen Darius beat Teemo plenty of times.
In fact, I don't think I've ever seen a Teemo beat a Darius.
They normally just get pulled by him and killed, especially once he hits 6.

He'll just flash and/or pull them and ignite + ult + kill them under their own tower.

Elavar

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXxXnarutoXxXx View Post
i like ponies
I agree

Supercrest

09-26-2012

He isn't OP at all. Just don't be a ****** around him, don't get hit by his spin or do trade offs.

Mavrik V

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercrest View Post
He isn't OP at all. Just don't be a ****** around him, don't get hit by his spin or do trade offs.
Don't get hit by his spin? I hope you're not playing a melee champion then, because Darius's Q literally covers the entire lane (and through bushes mind you). Your 'strategy' is basically let Darius free-farm and hope to beat him later? Good luck!

Best BeatwiferNA

09-27-2012

never lost to a darius in lane. regardless of the map or game type. play him once, recognize his skil set, outplay him. hes a one trick pony. darius players 1-are cocky, 2-push lane naturally, 3-hang around at your turret cause they wanna q you more.

gank him. kill him. ezpz.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishaNigaWould View Post
never lost to a darius in lane. regardless of the map or game type. play him once, recognize his skil set, outplay him. hes a one trick pony. darius players 1-are cocky, 2-push lane naturally, 3-hang around at your turret cause they wanna q you more.

gank him. kill him. ezpz.
the problem is that Darius gets to do stupid Damage with just a Phage (+20 attack damage) and from there he can just build Warmogs and Randuins, you can't kill Darius whle he's hitting like a truck, how's that not Op in the treeline where primary builds are a little more glass cannonny? he's not Op on Sr because if he gets to cocky then he'll get Tryndamere treatment, Chain stunned, silenced and ignored while he sees his whole team die and then he will have 5 angry people aiming their spells/guns/bows and swords towards him.