Should this happen?

Hell yeah! 1,166 73.43%
No :[ 422 26.57%
Voters: 1588. You may not vote on this poll

My Little Hecarim Skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GuyWonder

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
Why? What did MLP ever do to you?
It has invaded pretty much all aspects of my life. I'm not saying my life is the internet, what I'm saying is I can't leave my dorm without seeing a couple people with their brony fandom mixed with something I enjoy; Particularly Doctor Who. "Doctor Whooves" is the most annoying thing I've yet to ever hear bronies come up with and I'm personally afflicted with the knowledge that people out there want to taint Doctor Who with that image.

Now here, I know there are people who feel as passionate about League as I do Doctor Who and therefore I would advocate on behalf of these people. Ponies don't belong in every damn thing imaginable. Keep it in your tumblr and image boards, don't push it everywhere else where people don't want to see ponies.

AyaseAragaki S2

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blat View Post
This. This so hard.
I don't hate the show, but the people who insist on jamming ponies into literally everything. Not a hater, just someone who's sick and tired of all this garbage.
If Hecarim gets this skin I will weep for the day my main champion died.
^This. Downvote every argument in this thread you want. The community in league can get harsh and no doubt that players will get harassed. Leave Hecarim alone.

Also, Hecarims a shadowisland champion. He's a DARK champion with a dark aura. Rainbows etc.. isn't helping out much.

AyaseAragaki S2

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
Why? What did MLP ever do to you?
1. Gave me a creepy Roomate in college.
2. Constantly reminds me of real people getting harassed for liking it. Seriously leave it a custom skin that only you can see.

RockJockey

11-05-2012

Soviet Swain approves My Little Hecarim Skin
-Rockjockey

BigDumbSmartGuy

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resther View Post
Reposting this.

Players who aren't Bronies/MLP Fans would be forced to see the skin in-game, weather they like it or not. It's pretty easy to figure out honestly.

I personally don't care for the show, but I do like Hecarim as a champion. I wouldn't want the show's influence flooding into a game I enjoy. It's going to cause rage and spread hatred across the playerbase, and for that reason, is a terrible idea. The ONLY way it would be acceptable as a skin, is if they change any cutesyness to creepy and sinister-looking alternatives, but still make it look relatable to the show.

What I mean is, keep Hecarim's design similar, but make the colors more closely related to the show. Kind of like Surprise Party Fiddlesticks. Yes, he's decked out in pastels, and pretty colors, but one look at the splash art for that skin, and you just know he's creepy as ****, regardless. That's what would need to happen with an MLP skin for Hecarim. Keep it creepy, but make it so fans of the show can still be content with it.

On a related note,
the main issue I have with MLP fans is exactly this. They try to push their likes off on others, or get it into games they play, and quite honestly I find it to be extremely rude. There's people out there who like the game as is, without ponies involved. Please stop trying to push them on us non-fans, and game developers. I can understand that everyone likes what they like, but there's a line that needs to not be crossed. Pushing for this to be added into the game is crossing that line...

Also, you fans of the show ARE in fact shoving this idea down the non-fans' throats. This thread pushing for the skin IS shoving the skin idea down our throats. Fandoms are all fine and dandy, but when you take it to this level of trying to push your fandom into EVERY aspect of life, it becomes a problem. You alone will end up being the cause of unnecessary hatred that will form because of your fandom. Non-Fans don't want a skin like this. Why is it fair for Riot to make a skin that a majority of the community doesn't want ? And even if a good chunk of the community DOES want it, it still has a ripple effect after it's released. Non-Fans will start spewing hatred, while Fans will defend the show. It's become more than a fandom. It's become a cult, trying to spread its' influence every which way, much like religion. (Which is a related subject, but one that I dare not get into.)

It's a plague that needs to be contained, and kept out of unrelated aspects of life, one of which is League. I can respect (kind of) that you're fans of a show intended for little girls, however, I will NOT stand for it being plastered all over the forums, and forced into a game that I play to escape the boring and idiotic reality I loathe so much. The last thing I want to see is Hecarim, one of my favorite champions, be reduced to an MLP fan's wet dream... I'm sorry, but asking for this skin is taking things way too far.

As for Battle Bunny Riven and all those skins that have been mentioned, they are a very different scenario. A large chunk of the community liked the Battle Bunny Riven idea, because it fit her so well, what with all her hopping around and whatnot. Fan skins, such as Surprise Party Fiddlesticks, were crafted with care. They kept their originality intact, whilst simultaniously creating something fresh and exciting. (And humorous). An MLP Hecarim, however, is surrendering that originality to a cult fandom that doesn't know how to keep their interest in ponies to a dull roar, and instead tries to spread it all over the damn place. Just for that, the skin idea SHOULD be rejected. Keep your fandoms to yourselves and like-minded others. Keep them out of League.
Quoting for truth.

And MrMan, I'm reading through this thread and I'm sick and tired of you denouncing every negative word about the skin and then shouting sickeningly encouraging words at anyone who says 'aye'. Talk about padding your own thread, let there be an actual discussion, don't clog it with your BS.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyWonder View Post
It has invaded pretty much all aspects of my life. I'm not saying my life is the internet, what I'm saying is I can't leave my dorm without seeing a couple people with their brony fandom mixed with something I enjoy; Particularly Doctor Who. "Doctor Whooves" is the most annoying thing I've yet to ever hear bronies come up with and I'm personally afflicted with the knowledge that people out there want to taint Doctor Who with that image.

Now here, I know there are people who feel as passionate about League as I do Doctor Who and therefore I would advocate on behalf of these people. Ponies don't belong in every damn thing imaginable. Keep it in your tumblr and image boards, don't push it everywhere else where people don't want to see ponies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blat View Post
This. This so hard.
I don't hate the show, but the people who insist on jamming ponies into literally everything. Not a hater, just someone who's sick and tired of all this garbage.
If Hecarim gets this skin I will weep for the day my main champion died.
How tragic. Something you like has been reimagined by a different community.

What if I decided to think like this about Anime fans, otakus, etc.? "Keep your Narutard **** out of my sight, I don't like it!" Would I look any more rational than you do right now?

Furthermore, I have agreed within this thread that having a skin that directly refers to MLP would be overkill; he already has a joke reference. I would like the skin, but I can live without it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adost94 View Post
^This. Downvote every argument in this thread you want. The community in league can get harsh and no doubt that players will get harassed. Leave Hecarim alone.

Also, Hecarims a shadowisland champion. He's a DARK champion with a dark aura. Rainbows etc.. isn't helping out much.
Mind telling me what's wrong with rainbows? They're beautiful things, you know.

BigDumbSmartGuy

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post

What if I decided to think like this about Anime fans, otakus, etc.? "Keep your Narutard **** out of my sight, I don't like it!" Would I look any more rational than you do right now?

Furthermore, I have agreed within this thread that having a skin that directly refers to MLP would be overkill; he already has a joke reference. I would like the skin, but I can live without it.

Mind telling me what's wrong with rainbows? They're beautiful things, you know.
I'm sorry, are we in a "Make a Kakashi Shen Skin" thread? No? Well that's weird, because I was under the impression you were comparing bronies to anime fans, who are totally as pushy and make really stupid skin request threads all the time.

/SARCASM.

new meta op

11-05-2012

o hell no, don't invade league of legend with your stupid ass ponies.

GuyWonder

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post

Everyone has their soft spot they would not like reimagined by anything. It's ok if it's reimagined and kept within those confines of people who enjoy it but when my floormate walks into my room, actually happened 5 minutes ago and every 3 days, with his "Doctor Whooves" shirt, I die a little on the inside. Not to mention you're missing the whole point of my post you quoted. People don't want something they don't particularly enjoy being "reimagined" or crammed into something they do enjoy.

Sure it doesn't affect me, but there are people out there who this will affect and it's unfair to these people who will be emotionally affected by it. There is already a custom skin for it, so leave it as is.

Banquo3

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.
1. This is an awesome idea
2, It would be the funniest skin since armor of the fifth age taric
3. Don't make it a legendary.