Should this happen?

Hell yeah! 1,166 73.43%
No :[ 422 26.57%
Voters: 1588. You may not vote on this poll

My Little Hecarim Skin

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Evolnemesis

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMan View Post
^Exactly this
As long as they have the go ahead from the creator of the show, or Hasbro, they could make a skin like this.
They don't need ANY go-ahead if they just make him look sort of like a MLP character and don't name him an actual copyrighted name... just like all their other parody/homage skins... Who says they need to call it 'Rainbow Dash Hecarim' or something like that... they could make an very close-sounding pony name for him like "Prism Sparkle Hecarim" and make him look almost exactly like rainbow dash and not have to worry about copyrights AT ALL. (i.e. if Frozen Shen had his same costume, but was called 'Sub-Zero Shen' I think that Midway would have something to get upset about or have to be asked... but as it is, there really is nothing they can do... it's an homage, but it's not QUITE close enough to call copyright infringement...).

And you can BET they didn't get any permission from Disney to use Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch before they made Grungy Nunu... He's a parody, not the actual copyrighted characters... Disney is VERY nasty about their copyrights, and generally doesn't give rights to ANYONE to use any of their material, for ANY reason. The only way they might allow use of their actual copyrights is if Riot put a Disney symbol that showed up everywhere on the client and probably in game too, just for using that one character, AND gave them approval over his design and lore, AND paid them royalties on the profits from the entire game on top of it.

Chained Power

09-23-2012

>flame wars

>LoL condition with community already

>need a brony-related skin

>flame wars turn into fire storm warfares.

Dark Technique

09-23-2012

No, never.

MrMan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Technique View Post
No, never.
Yes, now.

Artanog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-23-2012

Please, I don't need another reason to despise the League community.

Zeratoth

09-24-2012

i dont see why people get much angrier about the pony fandom than about any other fandom.
I ALSO dont see why CERTAIN MEMBERS of the pony fandom feel the need to stick ponies everywhere.
That said, given Riot's previous shout-out skins, this IS the kind of place a pony reference IS viable, so people really should stop being mad.

fellow bronies, out of respect for others choices, do try to limit spamming ponies everywhere. Here and on this topic, however, is totally legitimate.

Koplje

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeratoth View Post
i dont see why people get much angrier about the pony fandom than about any other fandom.
I ALSO dont see why CERTAIN MEMBERS of the pony fandom feel the need to stick ponies everywhere.
you answered your own question

LuciusLaw

09-24-2012

Id rather see a buff to his damage early game or something... he is not on par with other junglers/top laners

MrMan

09-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuciusLaw View Post
Id rather see a buff to his damage early game or something... he is not on par with other junglers/top laners
And why not throw in a pony skin while we're at it?

MrMan

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koplje View Post
you answered your own question
Why yes he did