Feedback meant for Riot

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeamGuy

08-13-2013

I play League as a hobby. I'm a 28 year old adult with a job, a wife, and a kid.

I'm a Silver 5 player, and my gaming experience is ruined at least once or twice a week by players disconnecting early from Ranked games. I play to enjoy close games, competitive games. Having a summoner disconnect early or arrive to the field of battle late totally ruins any semblance of "competitiveness". I play through these games, but whether I'm on the upper handed or lower handed side, I never seem to enjoy the games when there are only 9 players present.

One of my past hobbies was playing pick up basketball, which also happens to be 5v5. Here's a great analogy: in pick up basketball game, the only reason that you're allowed to leave a game early is if you break one of your ankles, or you lose a tooth, or some other injury happens whereabout you literally cannot continue the game. This happens extremely rarely.

If ever there was a pick up basketball player who simply preferred to leave the game they were playing in, they wouldn't ever be allowed back on the court again, ever. It is the rudest thing you can possibly do in a pick-up 5v5 semi-competitive basketball game. It simply sin't tolerated.

But to me, it seems like Riot spends 100 hours developing new skin ideas for every hour it spends fundamentally tackling the bane of this game: leaving games early.

I understand that by banning players from League, you'll be limiting your revenue stream. But I'm telling you, I spend lots of money on this hobby, and every time I'm confronted with another poor experience like this, I'm tempted to put it down all together.

Please increase the punishments levied on players who have disconnected from a ranked game more than once, ever. If it happens three times within a calendar year, ban them, burn their accounts, and blacklist their ip addresses.

Regards,

Raging LoL player

wolfax

08-13-2013

No, absolutely no. What if I have a crappy internet and get disconnected because of it? Do I deserve never to play again? Blacking out accounts would reduce any person's incentive to buy anything from Riot, since if they did and they got their account blacklisted they would have wasted all that money.

And don't say that only blacklist the people who quit through the quit menu, because anyone who really wanted to quit the game would just go and turn their internet off temporarily, close the game, turn internet back on, and go on with their business.

To sum up, banning accounts is not something that should EVER be done lightly, maybe SLIGHTLY harsher time penalties (a couple hours maybe), but take this horrible idea elsewhere.

ReaperPrime93

08-13-2013

You have obviously never played on an unstable internet source. We are not all rich and can afford reliable internet. You sound like micro$oft. "If they don't have good internet then too bad for them."
Yes it is terrible when people quit on purpose but literally if they do it 3 times in a row leaverbuster bans them. If they continue to do it they get banned for 3 days. If they still haven't learned then a week yada yada. But to propose the death sentence for 1 disconnected game is insane. Even I have had games in which my internet has stopped working for who-knows-why. To be permabanned for that is insane. Your proposal is like communism. It looks good on paper but is terrible when put into real life.

TeamGuy

08-13-2013

I'm sorry, what part of "feedback for Riot" didn't you understand? Are either one of you Riot employees?

I didn't say I had the perfect solution.

I am that Riot needs to put a TON of creative brainstorming into solving this problem and coming up with a better system than what it has now. It simply happens too often as it is now.

And yes, just like one is expected to not show up to the gym wearing penny loafers and slacks and expecting to pick up a game, one is expected to have reliable internet service to play a competitive 5v5 game like LoL.

Is it terrible that millions of rural Americans still can't get connections much faster than dial up? Yes. Should that be a good reason to lower the quality of Riot's product for everyone else? No.

ReaperPrime93

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGuy View Post
I'm sorry, what part of "feedback for Riot" didn't you understand? Are either one of you Riot employees?

I didn't say I had the perfect solution.

I am that Riot needs to put a TON of creative brainstorming into solving this problem and coming up with a better system than what it has now. It simply happens too often as it is now.

And yes, just like one is expected to not show up to the gym wearing penny loafers and slacks and expecting to pick up a game, one is expected to have reliable internet service to play a competitive 5v5 game like LoL.

Is it terrible that millions of rural Americans still can't get connections much faster than dial up? Yes. Should that be a good reason to lower the quality of Riot's product for everyone else? No.
Oh wow he pulls out the "im rich and everyone else is stupid for not being rich card"....no respect for you sir.

wolfax

08-13-2013

You do realize the idiocy of posting this in the "CHAMPION" feedback forum right? A forum Riot has publicly stated they don't pay as much attention too?

Any statistics that you have that Riot isn't doing a good enough job? Ban rates and such? Or just I happen to see a few leavers in my games?

No we are not Riot employees, but we have the right to tell you what we think about you idea when you post in a public forum. Banning accounts is a horrible idea that will be the death of the game if it becomes common practice.

shadow9712

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamGuy View Post
Please increase the punishments levied on players who have disconnected from a ranked game more than once, ever. If it happens three times within a calendar year, ban them, burn their accounts, and blacklist their ip addresses.

Regards,

Raging LoL player
I was kinda of understanding why you where that mad i mean a 28yo with a family cant enjoy a game which is very time consuming but judging by the way you spoke at the end im starting to doubt about you age because all that sounded to me like gibberish a kid would say after he gets mad at something.
Also.......NOT ALL OF US CAN AFFORD A 100mb/s SUPER STABLE CONNECTION.

Edit:I know you will probably dislike my post but it's all true.

TeamGuy

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperPrime93 View Post
Oh wow he pulls out the "im rich and everyone else is stupid for not being rich card"....no respect for you sir.
It doesn't matter how much money you have, if you live in small town USA, you can't get highspeed fiber internet access. Money has nothing to do with it. Keep putting words in my mouth though.

TeamGuy

08-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfax View Post
You do realize the idiocy of posting this in the "CHAMPION" feedback forum right? A forum Riot has publicly stated they don't pay as much attention too?

Any statistics that you have that Riot isn't doing a good enough job? Ban rates and such? Or just I happen to see a few leavers in my games?

No we are not Riot employees, but we have the right to tell you what we think about you idea when you post in a public forum. Banning accounts is a horrible idea that will be the death of the game if it becomes common practice.
Posted here because I was directed to the Forums when I visited Riot's homepage trying to contact them with this feedback. In the Feedback section, none of the options were applicable, so I picked one and went.

Look, I'm sorry that apparently I'm evil or whatever for wanting to be able to count on a positive experience from this game. I'll obviously either need to lower my expectations, or simply put it down.

lemonpartyfan0

08-13-2013

If you have a crappy internet source, either upgrade or understand the fact that you hurting other peoples experiences. You aren't entitled to play anything just because you "want" to do so.

In WoW, progression guilds are unlikely to bring you along if you have connection issues. The same should happen in LoL.

Again, you are not entitled to play anything you want, just because you exist.