Buying accounts?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

sweatersDC

09-21-2010

I think I just got matched with someone who "bought" or otherwise obtained a level 30 account without actually playing up to that level.

To me this is the stupidest thing I've ever heard of, but the only other option is that he is just hopelessly, hopelessly bad.

I'm talking about the Vladimir on my team. Note his Soulstealer (which he proudly pointed out he had 3 stacks on), note that 6 of his 8 deaths were before 20 minutes, and most of all, note his minion kill count.

36 creeps. How does someone do this? Especially with a champion like Vlad who is a very strong farmer, I cannot imagine how such a low count is even possible. No he was not jungling. Yes he was solo mid.

It's also worth noting that he didn't speak great English and spammed Spanish in /all, and every time he died he would say "wtf double stun ult+stun???? wtf she make me to dance??" At one point after even people on the other team started pointing out how bad he was (not rudely) he said "it's ok i'm noob lvl30". To me this indicates that he has a level 30 account but didn't work his way up to that level.

And yea the Nunu was terribad too, but at least he wasn't obnoxious.

I know people will probably think "2/5/6 that's pretty bad too" but I was at least playing the way I should... I stayed on the edges of the fight, keeping buffs on my teammates, dealing damage with Q + passive proc when I could, and most importantly I stunned their entire team every fight with R. But it doesn't help when your teammates don't do their jobs.

TL;DR: I think that people who buy/beg/borrow/steal level 30 accounts and skip the learning phase of levels 1-29 should go die in a fire.

/QQ off

Quote:
its pretty much the same thing as buying xp boosts, I dont get it but some people need to be on the max level
The difference is even with an XP boost on constantly you'd still need over 100 games played to reach level 30. Buying a level 30 account gets you to level 30 with 0 games played.

Byronik

09-21-2010

umadbro?

Balloon Fighter

09-21-2010

If they wanna spend money on it then they can do whatever.

its pretty much the same thing as buying xp boosts, I dont get it but some people need to be on the max level

GaliotheGargoyle

09-21-2010

gay

iDeck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Could also be a new player playing on a L30 friends account. I've seen that from time to time. Even at high ELO.

Suru

09-21-2010

From my experience, anyone who doesn't speak English completely fails at this game. I suspect it has to do with inability to read the forums and understand game mechanics.

EzpzGames

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

hey bro, broseidon, broski, broseph bro yo bro no **** bro. bro.
I can get level 30 putting a bot on that sits all game fighting forest mobs...you do know you can get level 30 by lose every game right?

1. of the many reasons this game sucks.
2. I only play this game cause of HotshotGG is my future bf.

Lollipoppy

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMavYeah View Post
If they wanna spend money on it then they can do whatever.

Accounts are not your property; they are the property of Riot. So by selling an account, it goes against the terms of use and it's unlawful. So I definitely disagree that you can just buy an account and it is fine.

2ndhandlion

09-21-2010

Reminds me of how people would buy 50s on Halo 3