No way to counter build health if you are AP

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a1sock

11-04-2012

brand with an advantage in levels and a nearly full build you can melt a bruiser and a tank with tons of health in a combo or two, as long as you have a team mate to protect you its easy kills against HP tanks.

67chrome

11-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pethrax View Post
1st, Ezreal's Q is considered an auto-attack, and is excluded from appling any spell modiyers (rylies, blackfire torch, hextech sweeper, spell vamp) so it won't proc blackfire torch. Same deal with Parrrley, Blade Waltz, and other on-hit abilities that actually apply on-hit effects (phage, lizard buff, black cleaver, thornmail). It's the trade-off for such abilities.

2nd, Mages deal AoE damage. That's basically their shtick, and the reason to pick them. I'd say about 85-90% of mages have some AoE/farming skill tied to Q, W, or E, and their R is generally always a massive AoE burst with the exclusive purpose of destroying the enemy team in a team-fight. So in 5v5s, it doesn't matter what the enemy team composition is as, as long as you can hit all 5 of them you will do tons of damage, and be a huge asset for your team.

3rd, bruisers aren't insta-win on ganks or zooning, if you get zonned and destroyed by them that's your own fault. Middle lane isn't terribly long (so it's not that hard to escape bad situations on), and it's not terribly hard to freeze your lane next to your tower and farm underneath it when you are getting camped. Mages tend to have the best farming skills in general, so manipulating the minion waves isn't that difficult either.

4th: why did you include the shpeal about health-scaling and armor/mr stacking tanks, and Elise doing % HP damage?

Pethrax

11-05-2012

1. They apply Rylais and BFT. Try it yourself if you don't believe me.

2. They are not insta wins, but they make it incredibly difficult to do anything, and how is it my fault if I am getting destroyed 2v1 as a mage early levels? That is their weakest point in time, and if I "freeze" my lane under a turret, I am missing a lot of cs because the tower is faster than me as a mage.

3. I included them as a point to a previous point in the thread, and there was a list of % dealers.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pethrax View Post
1. They apply Rylais and BFT. Try it yourself if you don't believe me.
Mystic Shot does not proc spell vamp or Rylai's slow similarly with all spells that proc on-hit effects.

Rindin14

11-18-2012

Anyone else realizing that most champions who are labeled "OP" are HP tanks who don't need a full tank build to be unkillable. This leaves slots and money for damage items forcing you to focus them.

deusexeesti

11-19-2012

Yeah High HPs are a pain in the arse. What I wish for is Riot making Black fire torch available on Summoner's Rift also. The guaranteed 5% hp dealt per spell would be nice since using all 4 of your spells would guarantee 20% HP of even the HP tanky-est is gone. Also DFG even after nerf should still be useful if you have enough AP, and if you dont just get some Archangel's Staff to fix it for you. The combo of DFG and Black fire torch would allow for AP mids to viable endgame against HP heavy champs again.

pk1

11-20-2012

there are so many ways to counter hp with ap... have u even read the list of items??

doombotMECHA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Rindin14

11-20-2012

Liandry's Torment would definitely be a good item in my opinion to add to the game...if it ever comes out

vLegendary RICEv

11-20-2012

Too bad DFG got nerfed