New items are killing counterbuilds

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PhoenixRage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Recently with the changes to the items, I've noticed a MASSIVE snowball rate. Any champion that previously snowballed well (Ieblanc, Brand, Darius, Ezreal), now snowball even harder. It's literally damn near close to impossible to counterbuild. With the loss of FoN, the INCREASE in the costs of armor/MR and the DECREASE of costs of damage items, games are now impossible to come back from. I've played quite a few games with this preseason, so I'm familiar with the changes enough. I've played so much before this preseason to note that those champs that were bull**** to deal with already(Darius) are now just impossible to counter. Certain items are really helping with this. 1. Sword of the Divine, that active ability is completely ridiculous. I was against a vayne, and she was able to do 4k damage in 1.7 seconds alone. 2. Black cleaver is becoming a replacement for the frozen mallet. You no longer even need to build tanky. Just build pure damage and AS and you're gaining health from it too. 3. You think jungles are deciding lanes too early? Nope. It's the 40 BASE ability power and 32 BASE bonus attack damage people are stacking from runes. You're effectively taking off 3-4 hits of an ability or an autoattack to kill someone. Not to mention with the increased difficulty of building tanky. Instead of making a jungle decide a lane, you made 1 kill decide a lane. The snowball only rolls out of control from there. The balance of this game is completely upside down now. You're ruined everything you've created in the last season. It's all gone. Congratulations.

Ufal Dae Bohha

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRage View Post
Recently with the changes to the items, I've noticed a MASSIVE snowball rate. Any champion that previously snowballed well (Ieblanc, Brand, Darius, Ezreal), now snowball even harder. It's literally damn near close to impossible to counterbuild. With the loss of FoN, the INCREASE in the costs of armor/MR and the DECREASE of costs of damage items, games are now impossible to come back from. I've played quite a few games with this preseason, so I'm familiar with the changes enough. I've played so much before this preseason to note that those champs that were bull**** to deal with already(Darius) are now just impossible to counter. Certain items are really helping with this. 1. Sword of the Divine, that active ability is completely ridiculous. I was against a vayne, and she was able to do 4k damage in 1.7 seconds alone. 2. Black cleaver is becoming a replacement for the frozen mallet. You no longer even need to build tanky. Just build pure damage and AS and you're gaining health from it too. 3. You think jungles are deciding lanes too early? Nope. It's the 40 BASE ability power and 32 BASE bonus attack damage people are stacking from runes. You're effectively taking off 3-4 hits of an ability or an autoattack to kill someone. Not to mention with the increased difficulty of building tanky. Instead of making a jungle decide a lane, you made 1 kill decide a lane. The snowball only rolls out of control from there. The balance of this game is completely upside down now. You're ruined everything you've created in the last season. It's all gone. Congratulations.
Cool story bro. Learn to play when behind?

I've killed Darius when I was behind plenty of times solo, and get a gank and you're golden.

If you don't know how to play against a champion then that can be fixed, but you need to fix your attitude that everything that kills you is broken.

deirin

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRage View Post
its not just item change, they kinda made a few change back before that too...with like adc that deals *true dmg* or *mixed dmg* which is just about the same as true damage its kinda becoming impossible to tank with armor or hp only...
only way to counter instagib anymore is to instagib faster...kinda lame as ****...
so yea im getting the **** outta lol for a while...they messed the hero i liked...the map i liked and now the item i liked...ive had it...

DragonOdyssey

12-05-2012

The patch has only been out for a few days. If you're mad about the changes, then yell at the PBE players. They're the ones who tests out everything before they come out.

TheLastBaron88

12-05-2012

I've gotta say, the new look and feel since the patch is a little too much like DOTA for my liking. I really like a few of the changes they made, but there are a ton of changes that just feel terrible that have been thrown in with them. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about the trade-off just yet.