Question about Twisted Fate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Choze

11-16-2009

Hello, i have question about cardmaster Twisted Fate...

What items should I buy? Items for AP, ASPD, Damage or something else?

Xirus

11-17-2009

It is difficult to respond to such a question, as everyone has a different approach to Twisted Fate. First, i suggest identifying what part of Twisted Fate you want to focus on.

Do you want insane burst damage (AP build).

Do you want lots of ganking potential (Various AP, hybrid, and attack builds)

Do you want to be a pusher (I've got a guide up for an attack build designed to take down towers as quickly as possible).

Once you figure this out, find a guide that is similar to what you want, and then start toying with it and adapt it to suit your needs.

The only thing I'll add is you'll eventually likely need Banshee's veil, as it's a very good item for survivability.

Charmicarmicarmicat

11-17-2009

TF can be built in many ways. Pure AP, hybrid or pure attack.

ColbyCheeZe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2009

The best build for doing tons of damage with TF is as follows ( this requires you play smart however, because you remain squishy )

Sapphire Crystal
Health pot x 2
Tear of the Goddess
Boots 1
Mejai's Soulstealer
Sorcerers Boots
Sheen > Lich Bane
Zonya's

Usually the game will be over before zonya's, however if you get that you will be hitting like a semi truck. The strat with this build is...never initiate, wait for the fight to start and run in and gold card / wild card...then step back to get your gold card pick again...rinse and repeat. You want to try and burst down the squishies and disable thier damage dealers. Simple really, and deadly.

ThePlumber

11-17-2009

I go with a physical dmg build, and it does very well for me.

Meki pendant + health pot
Chalice of harmony
The attack speed boots
Phage
Zeal or Sheen
Trinity force
If they have big tanks late game, get a bloodrazer, if not, a phantom dancer works well. If they are targeting you, an Aegis or warmogs works, and if you do go with an armor that gives you lots of life, an Atmas Impaler does well. After the trinity force, I tend to go with a counter depending on the enemy champs.

Chalice is very important, because you will not run out of mana, seeing that most of your damage comes from autoattacks while the enemy is stunned/slowed.

Shadda

11-17-2009

I only had success with TF once I stopped using pick a card. Yeah, the stun is nice, but it doesn't scale and can be a ***** to get a gold card when you really need it, and near impossible if you have latency.

I do very well on TF when I go for a pure AP build. I start out with boots, then I get boots of mobility.
From there I build a lucky pick, then I get sheen. From there you have your pick of whatever high end AP item you want.

My strategy involves never getting close enough to be hit. The range on wild cards is great. I spend most of the match spamming that on tower huggers.

Zonation

11-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadda View Post
I only had success with TF once I stopped using pick a card. Yeah, the stun is nice, but it doesn't scale and can be a ***** to get a gold card when you really need it, and near impossible if you have latency.

I do very well on TF when I go for a pure AP build. I start out with boots, then I get boots of mobility.
From there I build a lucky pick, then I get sheen. From there you have your pick of whatever high end AP item you want.

My strategy involves never getting close enough to be hit. The range on wild cards is great. I spend most of the match spamming that on tower huggers.
Did you start doing better as Annie when you started ignoring her stun counter too?

If you are playing TF without locking gold cards consistently, you are not helping your team and should be using a different champion.

Bloodba7h

11-17-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonation View Post
Did you start doing better as Annie when you started ignoring her stun counter too?

If you are playing TF without locking gold cards consistently, you are not helping your team and should be using a different champion.
+1

It's not hard to pickayellow.. maybe you just need to practice it more? Try it out, man, you'll see that it's almost 90% of the time you get the yellow (or a blue into a yellow).