Crepe, the Cheerful Bomber

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Endertome

09-15-2012

A champion inspired by everyone's favorite explosive shrubs.

Name:  15d0d7693dba39a6acc51809df978c95.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  145.7 KB

Jungler, Fighter, Assassin, possibly an AP Carry.

Potential Lore
Crepe is the result of magical experiments in Zuan to try and create a terror weapon, something which could not only explode, but continue to cause explosions at will by manipulating ambient magical energy around it. The ultimate result of these experiments is the creature that currently calls itself Crepe.

Zuan attempted to field Crepe during the Noxus-Ionia conflict. However, she despised the team that was assigned to handle her and wound up killing them all and disappearing into Ionia's wilderness. Deeming the project a failure, the notes for her creation were buried in one of Zuan's many data vaults.

The creature herself turned up here and there within Ionia, avoiding conflicts as best she could and only revealing herself to gather food. Even when the Noxus-Ionian war ended, she kept herself in hiding for fear of the scientists of Zaun trying to capture her again. Crepe eventually became aware of the Institute of War. Seeking protection, she threw herself into the League as a representative of Ionia.

Though Crepe's origin with Zaun makes it difficult for Ionians to accept her, she feels that she can earn their trust by fighting for them even if she isn't terribly fond of fighting. Perhaps here, she'll be able to put her unique ability to use. If the League can protect her from Zaun, then she can protect Ionia from Noxus.

Personality notes
A very friendly and cheerful sort. She's the only one of her kind, similar to Rammus and Twitch, and may associate with them or with Blitzcrank as he is a fellow creation out on his own. Crepe has a positive attitude and believes that hugs have healing power.

Auto Attacks
Crepe fights bare-handed. Her auto attacks are all punches. When she crits, the animation is a kick with a small explosion on impact. The melee attacks that involve her passive proc use the Crit animation as well.

Passive -- Explosive Personality
Every 5 melee attacks causes Crepe to explode, dealing damage to all enemies close to her.
NOTES:
--- Scales with AP.
--- Really useful for farming or jungling.
--- Tracked by a stacking buff counter of the same name.
--- Stack requirements for the explosion can be reduced with Crepe's W skill, Blasting Cap.
--- The explosion can also be set off by certain abilities, such as when Burst Tackle hits an enemy champion. (suggested by SephirothWontDie)

Q -- Burst Tackle
Crepe explodes, causing AoE damage around her. The explosion hurls her in an indicated direction. If she hits an enemy Champion in flight, she clings to them and roots them in place for 1 second.
NOTES:
--- Linear skillshot, ignores minion collision. Minions don't deserve hugs.
--- Causes damage on takeoff. Might cause damage on impact too. This should be less than the launch damage though and is not AoE.
--- Higher levels increase damage and reduce cooldown. Level 5 may increase the snare duration to 1.25 or 1.5 seconds?
--- The explosion should leave a short-lived crater behind like Corki's Valkyrie bombs.
--- Comperable to Leona's Zenith Blade, save that it launches her even if there isn't a champion in the line of fire, and she attaches to the first champion hit--not the last.
--- Can launch herself over walls.

W -- Blasting Cap
PASSIVE: Crepe's melee attacks restore 1/2/3/4/5% of her max mana.
ACTIVE: (10 second duration) The number of stacks required to set off Crepe's passive are reduced by 1/2/3/4/5.
--- This means that at rank 1, Crepe's required stacks to detonate Explosive Personality are 4 while this skill is Active. Whereas at rank 5, the number of required stacks becomes 0 and her auto attacks cause an explosion every time.
--- The Passive is inactive while the skill is on cooldown.

E -- Splode Splode Splode
Crepe explodes, hurling herself towards the mouse cursor. This causes AoE damage at her point of origin, similar to Burst Tackle, but has no snare component and less distance.
--- At level 1, she can do it once. At level 3, she can Splode twice, and at level 5 she can Splode 3 times before it goes on CD. Like Ahri's Spirit Rush, but without the homing projectiles between dashes.
--- Pure damage and mobility. May ignore Minion collision?
--- The distance Crepe is Sploded is quite short. Short enough that a stationary target next to Crepe will still be hit by the next explosion if she uses the skill to launch herself behind them. This allows you to Splode around an enemy champion and hit them with all 3 explosions.
--- Explosion sites should leave craters for a little while, similar to Burst Tackle or Valkyrie.
--- Cannot cross walls.

R -- (ult) Charged Blast
Crepe is struck by lightning and emits a loud hiss. After a 3 second channel, she explodes, dealing massive damage over a large radius. Killing or disabling Crepe mid-channel sets it off early with no reduced damage (Unlike Nunu), but it is easier to escape as there is no accompanying AoE slow.
--- Should leave a huge crater for a while, similar to Ziggs' ult.
--- No slow makes it easier to avoid than Absolute Zero if you see the lightning bolt that indicates it's started, or hear the hiss she makes as she's powers it up.
--- The affected area should be indicated similarly to other large AoE ults like Ziggs, Pantheon, or Nunu.
--- You don't want to try and interrupt this. It may have more utility in causing the enemy team to scatter in an attempt to avoid it than actually killing anyone.
--- If you combo this with Sona's or Galio's ults (Or other large stuns), people will have a much harder time escaping.

Further notes
--- If the picture is used as a basis for her appearance, we'd have a second girl champion (the first being Annie) who doesn't have a ginormous rack.
--- Something about footsteps being totally silent may give her a Stealth tag even if she doesn't have any stealth abilities in her kit.
--- /dance makes her 'Do the Creeper'. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FthvzV8rZAk (That is, bouncing up and down as she moves around)
--- On death, after collapsing, she smoke-poofs into a few glowing gems and a pile of gunpowder. If fire-based abilities are used nearby, or Brand walks too close, the gunpowder pile could catch fire and burn up in a second or two.
--- If Ashe,Vayne, Varus, or any other bow-wielding champion lands the killing blow, the object left behind should be a record instead of gunpowder.
More to come

Changelog
The passives that I hated

Quote:
As Crepe's ordinance becomes more powerful, it starts to affect her regular attacks. A portion of Crepe's Ability Power is converted into Attack Power.
--- To balance this, Crepe gets very poor AD scaling from items. Most of her attack damage bonus should come from this passive.
Quote:
The more Crepe explodes, the more Crepe wants to explode. Enemies caught in the area damage of Crepe's abilities cause their cooldowns to be reduced.
--- 0.5 seconds for minions, 1 second for champions.
--- Only affects the ability used. That means only her Q, E, and R would benefit.
The W that I hated
Quote:
W -- Nice Everything
Crepe appears behind a targeted champion and comments on their items. This is really goddamn creepy.
--- 1 second Fear. If Fear and a snare is too much, I could see it being a Silence instead.
--- Teleport move similar to Shunpo. It's purely CC and mobility. No damage or low damage (Shunpo deals damage to enemies)
--- Might target friendly champions like Shunpo. No damage/cc on friendly targets, but still triggers the move's associated audio.
--- This makes the least amount of sense. I'm looking at other ideas for this move that synergize better with her concept.
--- I hate this and want something else for her W skill.
Quotes
/jokes
"What do you mean gunpowder isn't a condiment?"
"Why do they always run? I only wanted a hug."
"Yeah, I've got all five fingers!"

/taunt
"That's a nice everything you have there. It'd be a shame if something were to...happen to it."
"Your face makes me want to punch trees."
"What's your sign? Mine's explosive!"

Attack
"This'll be a blast!"
"Let's rumble!"
"I'm on a short fuse!"
"First round's on me!"

Movement
A soft hiss
"With a burst of movement!"
"Can we blow something up when we get there?"
"What the heck are smithereens, anyway?"
"It's go time!"

Idle in brush
A soft hiss

Burst Tackle launch
"Here I go!"
"Liftoff!"
"Whoo!"

Burst Tackle strikes a champion
"Hello!"
"What's your name?"

Burst Tackle strikes Taric
"Wow, diamonds!"

Burst Tackle strikes Malphite
"Oooh I hate obsidian!"

Burst Tackle strikes Rengar, Nidalee (cougar form), Kitty Cat Katarina, or any other cat-themed champion or champion skin
"...Oh no, you're a cat!"
"...Oh, wait..."
"Wait, what!?"

Activating Blasting Cap
Any of her /laugh emotes. If standing still, should also do the /laugh animation on top of the ability's visual effect
A noisy hissing sound
"The party's just getting started!"
"I can't keep it in anymore!"

Using Splode Splode Splode
Various cheers, shouts, and other happy noises.

Preparing Charged Blast
"Sssssss...."

Charged Blast
"KA-BOOM!"
"BOOM!"
"BLAMMO!"

rageattheworld

09-15-2012

for her r how about making her bigger during the ult, or is that to cliche

rageattheworld

09-15-2012

for her r how about making her bigger during the ult, or is that too cliche?

Endertome

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageattheworld View Post
What, like how creepers in Minecraft get a little larger before they explode?

Endertome

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by rageattheworld View Post
It's only 3 seconds, I'm not at all certain that a size increase would even be noticeable over that short period in the typical chaos she'd likely be using her ult in.

But hey, a slight growth before she blows up and returns to normal size is okay with me.

SephirothWontDie

09-15-2012

i like this champion. very interesting to have a melee mage, but i dont think it works very well, exception being diana. this idea, it could actually work though. passive, looks cool, can help out somewhat in team fights. although, i would make it go off on certain abilities too, like burst tackle and nice everything, but only if they hit, like if you dont hit a champ with burst tackle, the passive doesnt go off. q, a nice little gap closer, but your wrong. minions deserve hugs too. lol. w, she wont actually say anything about their items will she? >.> id go with the silence, as it makes more sense to me. creepy doesnt always scare someone, but it can make the speechless for a bit. e, a neat escape tactic. make sure its always up before entering a team fight and before one ends. ult, i might say that she can move around before she explodes for a slightly smaller radius, but for a slowed amount. but, looks good other than that. good work, add some values at one point, would like to see more on lore, more quotes maybe.

Endertome

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SephirothWontDie View Post
i like this champion. very interesting to have a melee mage, but i dont think it works very well, exception being diana. this idea, it could actually work though. passive, looks cool, can help out somewhat in team fights. although, i would make it go off on certain abilities too, like burst tackle and nice everything, but only if they hit, like if you dont hit a champ with burst tackle, the passive doesnt go off.
That's a good idea and helps separate it from Diana's. It's awfully similar as-is.

Quote:
q, a nice little gap closer, but your wrong. minions deserve hugs too. lol.
Minions do not deserve hugs. >:| Having this set off her passive on impact, though, would be a neat way to boost damage for combos.

Quote:
w, she wont actually say anything about their items will she? >.> id go with the silence, as it makes more sense to me. creepy doesnt always scare someone, but it can make the speechless for a bit.
Nah, she'd just say something generic like "What's that you got there!" or "That's a nice inventory you have there."

Quote:
e, a neat escape tactic. make sure its always up before entering a team fight and before one ends.
Yeah that was my intention. But you can also Splode from side to side around a champion and rack up damage

Quote:
ult, i might say that she can move around before she explodes for a slightly smaller radius, but for a slowed amount. but, looks good other than that. good work, add some values at one point, would like to see more on lore, more quotes maybe.
I don't know. That would differentiate it from Nunu's more, at least. Maybe "If she moves, the radius is reduced" or something along those lines in the tooltip.

Thanks for your feedback!

SephirothWontDie

09-15-2012

laghing fit due to the minions hugs thing, lol.

Endertome

09-16-2012

Updated with some dialogue plus SephirothWontDie's idea for the passive.

MentalPause

09-16-2012

I love the abilities. Blasting yourself around the field would be a lot of fun. Plus who doesn't like giving hugs?