We should have a Prison in League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucidFlux

09-24-2012

This thread isn't dead I just think everyone on the forums has already upvoted it!

RoxiePolo

09-24-2012

I'm so down for this.

Exman33

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-24-2012

it wouldn't die if red would come

LucidFlux

09-24-2012

bump for reds

Wise Squirrel

09-24-2012

How did this thread die?

gG Kaustic

09-24-2012

bump

FridolinXVI

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by valce1 View Post
This idea has been considered many times before, there was even a Riot post some time ago explaining why Riot will not do this.

It boils down to a couple of things:
1. Just like real prison, putting bad people together encourages bad behaviour (because they now think bad behaviour is 'normal')
2. Negative reinforcement does not make people improve
3. Unlike real prison, prisoners can easily get out of LoL prison, so their toxic behavior is in no way contained.

The community should focus on reforming toxic players and banning the few truly bad ones, not encouraging their behaviour by letting them play each other.

Lyte's Honor system should help, but you can help too.

When you see a player raging at another player in-game, don't stay silent. Say something like "Hey, please stop getting mad at X. She made a mistake, we all sometimes do. Thanks <3"
Stop comparing a video game "prison" with a real one, all players here do have the same goals. Having fun in a calmed atmosphere, but since LoL is a very stressful game and the Tribunal bans aint always understandable (not saying the Tribunal is bad, quite the opposite) the game maybe needs another alternative to time/perma bans.
Your idea of teaching ragers to be calmed is not realizable and you would know it if you would have played this game a bit longer, I think everyone agress with me. If you want to change the behaviour of a flamer in a match you will get flamed back MOST of the times and do not change his behaviour for further matches.
However, just saying the system is not perfect as it is, it's "okay" at the moment and we should give it a try. Isn't Riot claiming for a continously improvement process?

And it does not matter if you get out of a prison "easily", the point is that you know why you've been in and improve on yourself.
In my opinion the "Rune Prison" should only be invented for players which had a time ban already.
Anyway, I do not want people to behave like ***** on purpose because they think that they can avoid perma bans with the prison, I just do not like the idea that other people can judge you and decide about your future without knowing all circumstances.
Another point is that many people spent a lot of money and effort in this video game and everybody should get the chance to improve on their own, on detecting their own mistakes, some people just need a 3rd or 4th chance.

Nütcracko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-25-2012

where is red

PhoenixPrism

09-25-2012

bump

Psycho Pretzel

09-26-2012

Go go Rune Prison!!