We should have a Prison in League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkwahn

09-18-2012

That's a ****ing amazing idea; and might prevent them from needing to make a new account to **** with new players.

LucidFlux

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobasco da Gama View Post
Cute idea, but you're ultimately still letting them play.

This might be good as a "warning" punishment, though. Like, as you repeatedly offend you move from Rune Prison to Temp Bans to Perma Bans, with obvious exceptions to that progression for particularly flagrant violations.
Well it may prevent them from just making another account since Riot doesn't IP ban... This way they may just stay in rune prison instead of of making account after account.

So what if they troll in rune prison put the trolls together and they can troll each other!

NikMiner

09-18-2012

Bumped dat **** to ze top!

Orshabal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

god,this is like da best idea about lol i ever seen!!

Xoveran

09-18-2012

So much bump.

Methelod

09-18-2012

Multiple problems with the idea. Sigh.

First, Riot simply wants people to behave better in their game. Simply moving the trolls doesn't help them reform and will actually cause more of them to not reform in the long run.

Second, the goal of the tribunal is reformation. Reforming is a lot less likely when you put a bunch of bad people together and tell them they broke the rules, it's just going to make them more likely to misbehave then anything creating a cycle where people are effectively stuck in there.

Third, it either becomes a mark of honor, or a mark of shame causing people to make new accounts just to get rid of it, which negates the problem in the first place.

Overall, it sounds like a good idea, but is fairly hollow. (Yes, I've suggested it before... and failed. :P)

Edit: Oh noes. I've disagreed with GD. Downvotes so that way they get blood!

LucidFlux

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methelod View Post
Multiple problems with the idea. Sigh.

First, Riot simply wants people to behave better in their game. Simply moving the trolls doesn't help them reform and will actually cause more of them to not reform in the long run.

Second, the goal of the tribunal is reformation. Reforming is a lot less likely when you put a bunch of bad people together and tell them they broke the rules, it's just going to make them more likely to misbehave then anything creating a cycle where people are effectively stuck in there.

Third, it either becomes a mark of honor, or a mark of shame causing people to make new accounts just to get rid of it, which negates the problem in the first place.

Overall, it sounds like a good idea, but is fairly hollow. (Yes, I've suggested it before... and failed. :P)
Obviously would rather lose account completely than go to Rune Prison...

Also some people don't reform and I don't think it's Riot''s responsibility to make the world a better place by reforming trolls...

Yaphet

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

bumpp

Lunar Lightning

09-18-2012

i agree completely instead of banning people riot should just make them play with each other everyone wins then

Kigrax

09-18-2012

I'm down for this