We should have a Prison in League

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

megaveemon

09-16-2012

And Draven gets a bonus against those on death row

MeRcEn4rY

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

Fantastic idea! Make it happen RIOT.

Meesh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

I love this so much

Claw of Time

09-16-2012

Feladorzor

09-16-2012

Toxicity spreads more toxicity.

You are not rehabilitating anybody by doing this. You are just putting them in a hostile environment which will only amplify their negative behaviour which will spread into the community once they leave the 'prison'.

Thankfully Riot recognize this and will never do it for that reason.

DemiluniS

09-16-2012

omg supporting this with my hips

judgeshowtunes

09-16-2012

This is a new and interesting idea.

Wait.

Riot has said that they don't want to do something like this because if you make toxic players only play against other toxic players, it will escalate their toxicity. They will actually end up worse than they were before. And their position on making this permanent was if they were so bad they shouldn't play with regular people, then they would rather just permaban them because they clearly don't belong.

DemiluniS

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feladorzor View Post
Toxicity spreads more toxicity.

You are not rehabilitating anybody by doing this. You are just putting them in a hostile environment which will only amplify their negative behaviour which will spread into the community once they leave the 'prison'.

Thankfully Riot recognize this and will never do it for that reason.
so they'll be put there again....forever.....for a life imprisonment....

Claw of Time

09-16-2012

Here comes the people who dont want this -_-

Feladorzor

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJulian View Post
so they'll be put there again....forever.....for a life imprisonment....
So rather than attempting to create a good community for everybody, you want to put all the 'bad eggs' in one basket? All this would do is create a divide in the community where one part of the community is considered to be 'better' than the other. This would merely give permission to the well-behaved players to treat the 'prisoners' like trash and look down upon them, creating a very negative environment in the part of the community that is meant to be good.

All I am hearing here is calls for system where toxic attitudes are not rehabilitated, they are perpetuated. That is a dangerous frame of mind to have.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claw of Time View Post
Here comes the people who dont want this -_-
Lol no. You want this, so you can defend this. Don't dismiss my opinion simply because you don't want to think of a counter-argument.

Provide me with a logical reason that disproves my theory that such a system is merely asking for the toxicity to be perpetuated.