Which champion is best?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azerax53

09-15-2012

I've been playing lol just for a little bit now and I'm trying to decide which champion to focus on to get really good with while i'm still working my way up to level 30. I'd like to focus on a champion that i'll be able to do 5v5 with and be able to kill lots of other champions with when i start vsing other players. So here's the list of champions that i've come up with that i enjoy using

Garen (already have)
Kassadin (already have)
Leona
Darius
Talon
Master Yi

And any tips or tricks you can include would be great too.

SCNA Reagan

09-15-2012

this is a question that is asked to much there is no truly a "best champion" it is all who your up agenst and how you use your champion and make better decisions seeing your how your level 30 i understand how you would ask the question if you want to know more feel free to add me in game and if you have skype ill be more then happy to talk you though everything you would want to know about league

Azerax53

09-16-2012

True there is no "best Champion" but there are a certain level of champions that make some champions "Tier 1" vs other champions ect. I was just merely trying to figure out from the list i made who has the best chance of success vs other players ie who is in the higher tiers.

TeknoWizard

09-16-2012

Well, here's what I think. Everyone will always disagree due to opinion, but here's MY opinion.

TOP: Jax, Jayce, and Malphite. Jax has amazing bruiser abilities if he gets fed, and he has good mobility with leap strike. Jayce has a portable Shuryelia's and amazing poke. Malphite has great initiation, and good anti-AD abilities.

MID: Cassiopea, Karthus, and Morgana. Cassiopea has the highest damage output over 10 seconds of any AP mage, there's some maths to back it up that I don't feel like finding. Karthus puts out amazing global presence, and not even death can stop his team fight potential. Morgana is immovable in lane, and brings a great ult and snare to team fights. Oh, and I don't play Ahri, so that's why she isn't on the list for me. But she's also a great pick.

AD CARRY: Ashe, Graves, and Sivir. Yeah, yeah. Hate me for not saying Corki and Ezreal. Ashe brings a perma-slow and amazing initiation to the table. Graves has crazy burst damage, and is generally really good. Sivir brings incredible damage, and an ult that will sky rocket any AD heavy team to victory.

SUPPORT: Oh god. All are really good. But I believe Taric has the highest win % out of supports. (Don't quote me on that though)

JANGLE: So many. For the CC tanks, Nautilus, Amumu, and Skarner are probably your best bet. For clearers, Shyvanna and Mundo take the cake here. For counter jungling, Nunu is in a league of his own. For heavy gankers, Alistar, Rammus, and Lee Sin would be the best. There are so many options though, like Udyr, who does every single one of those.

JcGNeon

09-16-2012

Top lane: Jayce, Malphite, Shen
Mid lane: Twisted Fate, Morgana, Ahri
Ad Carry: Corki, Ezreal, Graves, Sivir, Ashe
Support: Taric, Leona, Soraka
Jungler: Maokai, Alistar, Lee Sin

GoodJibbCutter

09-16-2012

Ahh, the Q that can never be A'd.
There is no best champ.

this game and others like it have millions of dollars put into designing it specifically so it stays that way.
Once enough people 'figure out' how to use a character too well, they get nerfed.
It keeps the overall balance of gameplay (by mitigation of power restriction from Riot) at the level suitable to the majority of its users, not the UberLeet.

The only way you can find your main champ is to consider their abilities and try them out...

When I started out i went through the motions of trying a few champs, i can remember a lot of using Ezreal, then Katarina, some Swain and a few others ..

then i bought Malzahar, and used him for what fells like mmm... 2 years now- id say 99% of my entire LoL career. Only twice in that whole time someone else call mid and choose Malz before me, both of those times I chose Warwick and went jungle just so i could heavily assist the current Malz in mid.

It was just last week I decided its time to know more champs because i want to do ranked, in which it says i need to own 16 champs; I own like 4
So i bought Cassiopia because i felt she was my main bane when facing a good player. And she really is quite nasty, very vicious and effective champ once you understand how her ability chain and her colossal thirst for mana works.

But that's the ticket really, any champ can be better than any others, depends mainly the players knowledge of the champ and then after that- match circumstance, which is a MASSIVE factor because it depends on what other people do during any given match. Basically, there are way too many factors that blur too many lines to rightfully say anything for certain..

All that being said, I'v focused on mid so much i am shamefully under skilled in the true dynamics of laning or jungling, & know sweet nothing about solo top..
Then again i don't spend hours on end playing either...

In conclusion, its just as important (if not more) that you understand the dynamics of the Moba battlefield as much as understanding the champs.

Reid2142

09-17-2012

What about Varus..? for me he is good in mid

TeknoWizard

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reid2142 View Post
What about Varus..? for me he is good in mid
Like I said, everyone will disagree due to opinion. I mean, Nasus is my favorite top laner, and he's god tier in my opinion. However, many would disagree.

If you do work with Varus, play him. However, I wouldn't say he's up there as the "best" options.

DubstepPotatoes

Recruiter

09-17-2012

Well, there are obviously no "best champions" but there are certainly champions that excel in a certain lane, such as Singed who, in the right hands, will wreck top lane (great sustain, difficult to engage on and has awesome sustain with his ultimate).

Now, since you're asking about a champion who can kill lots of champions in PvP, I'd recommend champions that are great duelists like Jax who can 1v1 almost anyone in the game due to his 2 second dodge and the current meta being so AD heavy, or AD carries like Vayne who can deal some of the best damage early on without items.

Hope that helped and have a good day