Which items stack and which don't

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Loougle

09-21-2010

Haven't been able to find any guides or anything (probably because I'm ruh-tah-ded) but really need to know which items stack, which don't etc, so I can make some efficient builds

Cobalt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-21-2010

It's a lot easier than you might think. Any item that has a "Unique Passive" means it cannot stack, the passive, at least.

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

To expand this: the unique items don't stack with themselves. If you have two different unique items, they stack.

Loougle

09-21-2010

Yeah but do all health items stack, I bought Warmog armor, a Frozen Mallet and w/ Cho's ult maxed out but I was only like 4200 health, so the Frozen Mallet didn't add anything.. so does health max out?

SomniumProxy

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loougle View Post
Yeah but do all health items stack, I bought Warmog armor, a Frozen Mallet and w/ Cho's ult maxed out but I was only like 4200 health, so the Frozen Mallet didn't add anything.. so does health max out?
No, no max for health. And 4200 sounds about right for this scanrio. What makes you think you didn't get a boost from Frozen Mallet? ^^

Loougle

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomniumProxy View Post
No, no max for health. And 4200 sounds about right for this scanrio. What makes you think you didn't get a boost from Frozen Mallet? ^^
Doing the math right now and that does sound right, not sure maybe i'm just ******ed, which very well could be.

Anyway, so everything stacks just not unique abilities?

Cobalt

Adjudicator

09-21-2010

Yes, the only thing that is a red flag for stacking is the word "unique", which only ever applies to passives.

Mentono

09-21-2010

items providing auras usually dont stack either? or its like they stack if ur teammate has one and you have one, but not more than two total and u can't just have two on yourself.

Craixis

09-22-2010

Two Warmogs stack (though I don't suggest it)... I suggest dropping Warmogs personally (Sure, it has a high amount of HP and HP regen to give, but you first have to get the item, not cheap... then farm up the item... still not cheap)

Unless you've killed the enemy team 3 times and have gotten a high burst of income, it quickly gets outweighed (Frozen Mallet/FoN/Omen do much better for you... The Mallet Slows and gives HP/damage, Force of Nature gives a large amount of regen, and higher M resist... good for anti caster roles or high hp characters. And Omen is a great anti melee item, as it has an active slow and a load of armor and HP/HP regen)

That's an other matter entirely... I know some items don't stack (such as Archangels/ToG) because of their mechanic (the ToG stacks actually work into Archangel's/Manamune's Stacks), though more then likely you won't be building both (for the love of god don't build 5 Archangel's staffs)

You can only have two of the same Aura on you, and you can only have two if you are providing one of the two (meaning you and an ally have Starks, you and your ally double each other's starks, but your other teammates only receive benefit from one)
Most Actives are Unique (and share a cooldown)... so two Ghostblades will not benefit you greatly compared to a Ghostblade and an IE... this is strictly for example. Frozen Mallet and Rylia's slows don't stack (due to a change in mechanics awhile ago)... at least from memory (has anyone actually been able to make both of these?) Due to how OP this could make most Hybrid character (you can't runaway if you're moving at -60% movespeed)