Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I dodged south americans and rose 300 elo.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Friesguy

09-17-2012

This thread is super racist. Anyways, I'm sure everyone's played with spanish speaking players who are great, but just don't speak Spanish in chat or are just silent. With all of the bias, I can't blame them.

Sometimes it is tough to communicate with spanish speaking players, and it doesn't help that when I first started playing LoL, a large majority of spanish speakers I played with ended up doing poorly. However, just because of that, there is NO REASON to say all Spanish speaking players are bad.

Imagine how the EU servers are. The language barriers there are so much tougher since there's more languages, and less people speaking the same language..

Agent of God

09-17-2012

Quote:
Alberickk Xtarr:
I dont think that's true cuz i rock and im mexican and i undertand everything, this is just racism u cant do ir with blacks anymore so u do with latins, me and my friends have beaten A LOT and i mean A LOT of north american teams, but a lot, really the thing is the game is in english so i do support a good communicaton with teams but believe me havin a latin american in the team its not always a bad thing MOST AMERICAN WISH TO PLAY LIKE I DO, period.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY

Pentakill Jones

09-17-2012

Quote:
Alberickk Xtarr:
I dont think that's true cuz i rock and im mexican and i undertand everything, this is just racism u cant do ir with blacks anymore so u do with latins, me and my friends have beaten A LOT and i mean A LOT of north american teams, but a lot, really the thing is the game is in english so i do support a good communicaton with teams but believe me havin a latin american in the team its not always a bad thing MOST AMERICAN WISH TO PLAY LIKE I DO, period.

He is talking about the people that don't speak English. You look like you speak some English there.

hucifer

09-17-2012

hey, no making fun of the racist guy. everyone knows the only thing people hate more than a racist, is a mexican in their teampick. hahaha

Heretekdan

09-17-2012

Honestly, I think the issue here isn't the nationality of the person, but if the person speaks English or not. I've played with polish players who come to NA whenever EUW/EUNE is down and they often give people the same issues, same with Koreans before Korea got it's own server (At least, I think they did? I'm not sure, seeing as I've been away for a while.)

And, if I remember correctly, there's a Brazilian server being tested right now, I'm sure that once it's done, most South Americans(As in, South of Mexico.) would likely move that way, if only due to better ping.

ALEXKOND

09-17-2012

Wow, as south american I should be offended but meh. I understand that sometimes no communication means epic fail, but lots of people speaks both english and spanish at a decent level at least. It's not being south american the problem, it's playing an english game without knowing it what makes people create post like this.

ALEXKOND

09-17-2012

Quote:
Heretekdan:
Honestly, I think the issue here isn't the nationality of the person, but if the person speaks English or not. I've played with polish players who come to NA whenever EUW/EUNE is down and they often give people the same issues, same with Koreans before Korea got it's own server (At least, I think they did? I'm not sure, seeing as I've been away for a while.)

And, if I remember correctly, there's a Brazilian server being tested right now, I'm sure that once it's done, most South Americans(As in, South of Mexico.) would likely move that way, if only due to better ping.

That's right, the problem is that all south america speaks spanish instead of portuguese. Plus with a decent connection there is no lag on NA (besides the brazil server goes offline a lot of times compared with NA or EU. And even if the server were ok, lots of people started in NA and changing to Brazil means losing your account. You can pay to migrate but what if you don't pay? keep playin in NA.

SoloAdvocate

10-17-2012

Just thought I would throw out there that Mexico is part of North America. Soooooo yea... it is not like you can say they can't play on NA server just because they don't speak English, they kinda live in NA. It's not like they are moving into the house right by you or anything in America. One of the bad things about Americans is that they think other nationalities should just speak English and that they should be fluent. Rather than just learning a language like you want them to, you just complain about it. But you're not doing anything to help get rid of the barrier. And I guess if they do speak English you assume they are in America, because it's what you're implying. And you're also basically saying that players who don't speak English aren't good, that is more than just racism. Oh and you're also implying that everyone who lives in America speaks English and well enough to communicate... sorry but you're wrong there. There are people all over America that don't speak fluent English but don't worry they are trying, English is just one of the hardest languages to learn so maybe do your part to learn Spanish or Portuguese. Which are, by the way, considered one of the easiest languages for English speakers to learn.

Edit: I am going off of you saying,

Quote:
I started dodging every match where I saw a South American