Shyvana Question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chamenas

09-15-2012

In what situations (if any) is it advantageous as Shyvana to build tank first instead of Frozen Mallet + Wit's End. I realize these damage items also provide some tankiness to them. However, Randuin's and other more strict tank items come later in the build. When might it be appropriate to jump straight to them?

I ask because I've been finding that lately in games as Shyvana, if I'm doing well (a lot of assists, no deaths, maybe a kill or two) I get focused heavily when I jump into a fight in my dragon form to initiate. And while I don't mind dying if it means my team cleans up (though I prefer not to die, I like my immortal games). I find what happens instead is that I'm dropped VERY quickly and then my team is cleaned up after. I figure if, in these situations, I could live longer, I might be able to give my team a chance to do their damage.

Essieu

09-15-2012

Building a Wriggles, a Heart of Gold, Frozen Mallet and Wits End should make you tanky enough for nearly anything as long as your not really behind. The problem with jumping straight to a Randuins is that your missing out on all the extra gold. If you want a tankier item, try Aegis, GA, or Sunfire Cape.

Chamenas

09-15-2012

Hmm, most of the top builds focus on getting Phage, Wits, and Mallet before HoG. I've been wondering if I should mix in the HoG after the Wriggles already. The question now is, should I do it situationally for tankiness or always? I mean, if a player like TheOddOne waits for his HoG, there's a good reason behind it? Granted, I don't play at anywhere near his level, but, I know Shyvana does farm fairly well, making the gp10 less attractive. At the same time, if I need tankiness, it does provide that excellent health boost and does build into an item I intend to get later.