Pricing Options and Bundles

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LeGeR

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-16-2009

Very nicely done by Riot.

I think this is exactly what a lot of players want. It's a great option for the players that planned to unlock champions via $.

Larias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanman View Post
It is more than that. For $30 you get 20 champions, 4 runes, 1 skin and $10 RP.

For $25 you get 20 champions.

I didn't mean grossly overpriced, but it is significantly a far worse deal than the CE.

What is confusing though, is that they're obviously taking into account the $10 worth of RP. This means the pack will be priced in RP, which supposedly you get more of when you spend more. So doesn't that mean the pack could cost less?
The option is there for those who want to spend the money to get the champions. I doubt it's supposed to be a "mainstream" thing. I mean, most people have been playing the last month and have 20k+ IP. They'll be able to unlock most of the champions they want to unlock.

synack

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larias View Post
Champion's bundle sounds neat, but not going to drop 25$ for 20 champions that I can easily unlock in game. It's a good choice for all the people who want everything now though!
$45 - $30 = $25? What?

Dude, fail math. Is... $15

Phanman

11-16-2009

Quote:
The option is there for those who want to spend the money to get the champions. I doubt it's supposed to be a "mainstream" thing. I mean, most people have been playing the last month and have 20k+ IP. They'll be able to unlock most of the champions they want to unlock.
I thought I was playing a lot and only have 8.2k IP. I agree this deal isn't for everyone, but I was thinking the Champion Bundle should be more comparable to the Collector's Edition.

Would be nice to have the pricing for the individual champions, runes, skins available as well as the cost of RPs.

Decae

11-16-2009

Nice

Larias

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by synack View Post
$45 - $30 = $25? What?

Dude, fail math. Is... $15
I'm not sure what you read, but I read this:

Quote:
Champion's Bundle: For those who would like to have all 40 initial Champions available to them on the first day the store opens, there is a compliment to the Collector's Pack with the other 20 Champions included. It will typically be available in the store for $30 worth of Riot Points, but right now we're discounting it to $25.
It's only 45$/15$ if you spend the 10$ from the Collector's Edition on the Champion's Bundle.

Emberfrost

11-16-2009

I'm a casual player and I ordered the Collector's edition. Sadly I only have 3500+ IP (I have a life)
Having the option to get all the champions thru rp is good!

synack

11-16-2009

Quote:
I'm not sure what you read, but I read this:

It's only 45$/15$ if you spend the 10$ from the Collector's Edition on the Champion's Bundle.
Based on his attached image. Collector's Ed. $29.99, Hero Pack 44.99.
I only scanned through his wall of text then skipped to the image and saw your post. My apologies.

Larias

Adjudicator

11-16-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by synack View Post
Based on his attached image. Collector's Ed. $29.99, Hero Pack 44.99.
Again. That's if you use the 10$ From the CE on the Champion pack. Otherwise, the total it 55$.

Phanman

11-16-2009

Quote:
Again. That's if you use the 10$ From the CE on the Champion pack. Otherwise, the total it 55$.
Like I said, sneaky PR, didn't take long to find the first victim :P

Still wondering how much it would cost to hand pick about 10 champions individually between the two packs.