Malady/Guinsoo's on Orianna?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gawthyc

09-15-2012

I love Orianna and I normally play her as AP Mid. I read a build suggesting to build Nashor's Tooth for her even when going AP. I was skeptical at first, but after using it, I loved it! It's a great item for her not only because of the CDR and AP, but also because the Attack Speed really works especially in conjunction with Lich Bane and her passive.
I was looking at other items, but I stumbled upon these two: Malady and Guinsoo's Rageblade.

If you don't know what they do, here's their info:
Guinsoo's Rageblade- Cost 2235 +45 AP and +35 AD. Passive: On cast or hit, you gain +6 AP and +4% AS for 5 seconds (stacks up to 8)
Malady: Cost 1825 +25 AP and +50% AS Passive: Your basic attacks deal 20 bonus Magic Damage and decrease Magic Resistance by 6 for 8 seconds (stacks up to 4)

I've heard that AD Orianna is viable, but even if you're not playing AD, some AS can still be helpful for her. I just wanted to know what others think of these items and if they could work on her even in an AP build.

EDIT: Just played Malady. Not recommended.

TeknoWizard

09-15-2012

Nooooo. Building around passives like her's doesn't work. We saw that with Hecarim fast. Going straight AP would do more damage than getting some AS.

DaystarFire

09-15-2012

Nashor's is good. beyond that there's really nothing with AS you want to buy.

Gawthyc

09-15-2012

Really? I thought the items' passives would be good on her....
Oh well. If you could explain why they aren't great (apart from the fact AP Orianna is better), please do.

Fangride

09-15-2012

Oh wow, I was just considering a build like this using Malady and Guinsoo's, rather than a Nashor's.

Gawthyc

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangride View Post
Oh wow, I was just considering a build like this using Malady and Guinsoo's, rather than a Nashor's.
Nashor's is good either way. Orianna with max CDR is scary. Plus, AS works well when you're going to finish someone off while everything else is on cooldown.
Malady is really for the MR reduction, but the bonus AS helps.
Guinsoo would be good if you're going to auto-attack enemies more. You can also auto-attack minions to get max stacks (which give you the bonus AP and AS) then proceed to attack enemies using spells AND auto-attacking on occasion in order to let you keep your stacks.
That's just the way I see it. I'll test some things out later and I might post my results.

MuhGeeSher

09-15-2012

Well get a Phantom for spd. movement and some crits in too, eh?

Gawthyc

09-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhGeeSher View Post
Well get a Phantom for spd. movement and some crits in too, eh?
Interesting, but it doesn't provide any AP to AP Orianna. :/

Fangride

09-15-2012

Ah, so no dice on the Malady? My build idea was looking like this:
-Sorc Shoes
-Rod of Ages (For mana)
-Guinsoo's Rageblade
-Malady
-Nashor's Tooth
-Madred's Bloodrazor/Lich Bane