A Day in Bilgewater (Very open RP)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OdainMorll

12-19-2012

Odain seemed a bit confused as to how quickly things were going, looking out as Janine ran off before turning back to the other two, his bare feet against the wooden floor being alittle uncomfortable for him.

"A bay? Did you have any particular one in mind?" he asked curiously, expecting a whole bunch of dangerous sea animals no matter where they go. "Heh, I've never been on a boat as large as this as it was actually moving before." he then said, his excitement not dimmed by the fact they're probably only going a short distance over calm waters.

Ask Fortune

12-19-2012

"I know one that's pretty close." Sarah replied. "Nice and calm, water's pretty clear and calm... first timer? Hehe, if you lose your lunch, try to do it over the railing. Think you need a ginger tablet?"

OdainMorll

12-19-2012

Odain seemed to think about it awhile, he did feel a bit queezy but this was probably due to his nerves and tensing.

"Oh, no thank you, I'll be able to manage." he said politely before looking out to the sea, glancing back to Velisa "I-I'm putting my hopes on you guys." he then said before chuckling softly, giving Velisa a worried but excited smile.

Ask Fortune

12-19-2012

"You'll be fine~." Velisa said, shaking her head, amused. "You brought me a good one, Miss Fortune~."

"That's why Shyvana gave me the counseling place." Sarah replied, smirking.

Finally, several men and women approached the dock, chatting with each other as they climbed aboard. Janine was the last to step onto the ship.

"That's everyone, captain!" Janine said.

"Good!" Sarah said happily. "Untie us, you lazy minnows, we're setting sail!"

The deckhands proceeded to quickly untie them from the dock, pushing them off.

OdainMorll

12-19-2012

For a brief moment after the ship sets off Odain looks quite a bit fearful though he tries to hide it, grinning happily at Velisa's compliment to him "T-Thanks...you've been a brilliant host so far, Velisa.".

Odain would keep a hold of his clothing over his shoulder, apparently starting to lose awareness of his partial nudity under the robes as he relaxes, looking out to the sea as they travel along the water. "How long do you reckon until we get there?"

Ask Fortune

12-19-2012

"Oh, shouldn't take long. We're just looping to an untouched part of Bilgewater." Velisa replied.

"One for the Morning Glory!" Sarah suddenly yelled out.

"Two for the sweet brown brew!" The rest of the crew responded, suddenly breaking into a shanty. "Three for the man who'll stand his round. And four for the love of you, me girls! Four for the love of you!

"At the end of the day I like a couple drinks when I raise up my voice and sing." Sarah sang loudly. Her voice wasn't that good, but that didn't seem to matter to the crew. "An hour or two with the fine brown brew and Im ready for anything. At the Cross Keys Inn there were sisters four, the landlords daughters fair. And every night when they turned out the light I would chase them up the stairs!"

The crew laughed.

"I got the call from foreign shores to go and fight the foe." Sarah continued, grinning. "And I thought no more of the sisters four though they cried to see me go. I sailed away on a ship, the Morning Glory was her name. We'd all fall down when the rum went round, then get up and drink again. I bore once more to my native shore, farewell to the raging main. The Cross Keys Inn, it was beckoning, with the rum to ease my pain. But there on the shore were the sisters four with a bundle upon each knee. There were three little girls and a ******* boy and they all looked just like me!"

Sarah and the crew laughed at this, spirits lifted.

OdainMorll

12-19-2012

"Untouched, eh? Sounds like an interesting destinati- woah!" Odain said before being cut off by Sarah, at first he had a look of utter confusion and wonder on his face until she and the rest of the crew broke out into a song.

After awhile his mouth curled into an amused smile, humming along to the tune since he didn't know the words. He joined in with the crew's laughter and turned back to Velisa "I get the feeling that happens quite often..."

Ask Fortune

12-19-2012

"One of the few ways to keep sane on a long boat ride." Velisa replied, smiling wide at what just happened. "Sing shanties, and make our own fun. Miss Fortune's very... good at that."

Sarah grinned at that.

OdainMorll

12-19-2012

Odain raised an eyebrow at Velisa as she spoke, giving her a few nods as he listens "Heh, you seem to do well considering how cramped this boat looks...and Miss Fortune's laugh is proof enough she's all about fun." he said before letting out a supressed laugh, trying not to be offensive to her.

He leans back and tries to relax for the rest of the journey, the sound of the water below occasionally making him flinch.

Ask Fortune

12-19-2012

It didn't take long for them to reach their destination. Sarah took the ship into a fairly large inlet, which suddenly compressed into a small bay. She brought the ship in to face the bay on the starboard side.

"Anchor off port!" Sarah ordered.

As two crewmen heaved the anchors overboard, Velisa walked to the starboard side to look at the bay. The water was perfectly calm, and perhaps fifteen feet deep at most. It was crystal clear, allowing view of a gravel bottom with a few weeds and small rocks. Fish could be seen darting about. Trees lined the bay, but they weren't overly thick.

"Nice, hm?" Velisa cooed.