The Enlighten Domain (Ask Karma)

1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KarmaTheOPOne

04-18-2014

Traveling deep within the hallowed grounds of Ionia, a lone summoner had been sent by the institute to the village where the Enlightened One dwelled. Upon making it to the small city, he saw great walls surrounding it and grand highly decorated red and gold doors, which upon walking closer to swung open to let the summoner in. He was overtaken with the beauty the simple village held, there was people every where, the place was alive with the busyness that was everyday life.

A guard approached the summoner beckoning him to follow, as though the guard already knew why the he had traveled here in the first place. The guard led the summoner threw the crowded street, which turned out to be the market place hence why it was so busy, and to another smaller, but just as grand, gate. Without a word, the guard opened the gate wide and motioned for him to enter before retreating back to his post.

The summoner was now nervous and unsure for he did not know where to go with someone to guide him. Looking up and around, he noticed that the temple was small and simple not at all what he expected someone like the Enlightened One to be at. Sighing, the summoner gathered up his courage and made his way up the stairs to the archway that led into the temple. As he got closer to being able to see in a sliver glow could be seen emerging from the open arch. Now intrigued as to what the strange glow was, he picked up his pace and reached the top of the stairway. Looking into the temple would show arches that lead off into different parts of the building, red and gold silk banners were strung from the middle of the temple to the outlying walls of the central room, lavish golden floral reliefs decorated the six columns that supported the roof, and spiritual artifacts where lain on alters in various areas of the room. In the mist of the entrance room came the source of strange sliver light that the summoner had seen, it was none other than the Enlightened One herself, Karma.

Karma was floating with her legs crossed, her hands placed together in a praying fashion in front of her, and she was chanting some type of incantation that the summoner had never heard before. In awe of the sight before him the summoner was unsure on how to proceed and did the only thing that came to his mind, which was to softly call out her name. Upon hearing her named called, Karma slowly opened her eyes as the sliver light began to dim and she slowly receded to the ground. Now fully seated and the aura, Karma motioned for the summoner to take a seat on the mat in front of her.

"Come, sit. Tell Karma what it is that you are here for."

The summoner still in slight awe at what he had just witnessed, nodded as he slowly approached the mat and sat down. He pulled his carrier bag into his lap and began searching through it, finally pulling out a letter addressed to Karma. He held out the letter for her to take.

"The Institute sent me here to deliver this letter."

Nodding Karma took the letter from the man, opened it and began to read. The letter spoke of how they were requiring that she take guest to entertain or to answer questions. They gave her the choice of staying at her home or using a room at the institute.

"I believe that I shall be traveling back you, for I live here in the temple and it is not a place of entertainment. It is not that we do not welcome people to temple, it is because people will come here to visit me and not for spiritually enlightenment."

"That makes a lot of sense. When you are ready we can start the trip back to Institute."

Not responding, Karma got up from her seat and disappeared into one to the archways on the left hand side of the room. Upon her return, she had a small bag with her that held what few personal ideas and clothing she had. Motioning for the summoner to come, she set out the temple door and the pair made their way back to the Institute.

After days of travel the pair made it to the Institute, and the summoner took Karma to her prepared room in the Ionia wing. When they got to her room she noticed that there was no door but an archway and upon looking in she saw how they had taken special care to recreate her temple. Confused as to how this had happened, Karma turned towards the summoner.

"How is this possible? Explain yourself." She commanded staring hard at the man.

Fidgeting under her stare the summoner replied, "On our way here I had wrote to my friend who was at the Institute about my trip and described beauty of your temple. He got some others together and setup this room for you hoping that it would make your stay here more comfortable."

Her glaze softens at the explanation and she turned back towards the room. "Thank you. The effort is most appreciated."

She walked in and started to examine the room. The walls were painted a cream color and had half columns, identical to ones in her temple, on them. There were banners of red and gold that hung from the middle of the ceiling and the strung to where the ceiling meets the wall, between the columns, with the excess hanging down. In the far left corner was a red wooded bed frame decorated with golden formal relief to match the columns, the mattress upon it was covered with and cream quilt that had sliver patterns, and it had large red cylinder pillows that rested on top. On the other side of the room stood a wardrobe that was decorated in similar fashion. Towards the door on the left did two chairs accompany a simple small wooden octagon table, which had golden vines painted on it. Whereas on the right hand side was a large padded mat with many red, gold, and cream-colored pillows thrown about. All in all, a beautiful room that reminded Karma of her homeland.

"I cannot thank you and your friends enough for the kindness you have shown me." Karma spoke as she turned towards the door. She clasped her hands together and bowed to the young man still at the entrance.

"If you are ever in need to not hesitate to call upon me for guidance." Karma paused smiling. "Now that I have arrived, I can now properly begin to receive visitors. I ask one last favor of you friend, please let people know that I am here and allowing visitors."

"I'm happy that you like the room so much and I'm sure my friends will no doubt be happy as well. And I will alert the higher ups that you are ready. I hope you have a wonderful stay here." With this said the summoner took his leave.

Karma watched as the man left and then set about unpacking her things. Once finished walked over to the padded mat, sat down crossing her legs, and clasped her hands together. Karma slowly relaxed and waited for whom ever would come to visitor her.

Ask kog maw

04-18-2014

((You have big shoes to fill. But where are my manners? Welcome and enjoy your stay. (I don't think your new but meh.))

KarmaTheOPOne

04-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask kog maw View Post
((You have big shoes to fill. But where are my manners? Welcome and enjoy your stay. (I don't think your new but meh.))
((I realize and can only hope to do the best that I am able. Are you referring to my huge intro? I'm a writer and am not new to role playing. so yea.))

AskBloodHunter

04-18-2014

((Welcome to the forums karma, good to meet you and I hope you have fun role playing as Karma.))

AskTheVeryBest

04-18-2014

((I believe that language he never heard before is ancient ionian according to Riot. Yasuo speaks a different dialect. I believe that was mentioned in one of the AMAs))
Wukong would knock on Karma's door and wait her answering. He hadn't spoken to the Duchess in a while and decided to stop by and say hello.

AskBloodHunter

04-18-2014

Dear Enlightened One

If by chance do you hold a grudge against me and my apprentice Singed for the bombardments of Ionia?

From Warwick

Ask kog maw

04-18-2014

((Dude... Warwick killed so many Ionians he can't even count all his victims. And I mean no offence but you do you honestly read all the lore? And my body is ready for the down voters.))

AskBloodHunter

04-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask kog maw View Post
((Dude... Warwick killed so many Ionians he can't even count all his victims. And I mean no offence but you do you honestly read all the lore? And my body is ready for the down voters.))
((I know that, I just wanna see their reactions of Ionians. Body? What does that even mean?))

KarmaTheOPOne

04-18-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskBloodHunter View Post
((Welcome to the forums karma, good to meet you and I hope you have fun role playing as Karma.))
((Thank you. It's a pleasure to meet you as well.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by AskTheVeryBest View Post
((I believe that language he never heard before is ancient ionian according to Riot. Yasuo speaks a different dialect. I believe that was mentioned in one of the AMAs))
Wukong would knock on Karma's door and wait her answering. He hadn't spoken to the Duchess in a while and decided to stop by and say hello.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AskBloodHunter View Post
Dear Enlightened One

If by chance do you hold a grudge against me and my apprentice Singed for the bombardments of Ionia?

From Warwick
(( I figured as such but was unsure so I did not give it a name. I could perhaps go back and edit it. Also she doesn't really have a door just an arch way into the room...I just felt like i should clear this up. ))

After having meditated for a bit, Karma had gotten up from her spot on the floor to head over to her small table. Earlier when unpacking she had placed her tea set on the table and was now planning on beginning to brew some of her favorite type of herbal tea, wild orange blossom. Before she was able to start making it a summoner came into the room.

"Here you are Miss Karma." The girl spoke softly as she held out the letter. Smiling Karma took the letter from the girl and then watched as she left. Her joy of receiving her fist letter was short lived as her face hardened at reading what had been sent to her. Is this some type of joke. Karma thought to her self as she pulled out a piece of parchment, an ink well and a brush. Now slightly put off, she set out to respond to the letter she had been sent.

Dear Warwick,

You and Singed have slain many of my people. Many people would be furious, many are, but that is the path in which I have chosen to stray down. While I am angry, and rightfully so, it is not my place to judge you. You one day will be judged for your actions and when that day come hopefully the people you killed will have peace. I strive to bring peace to my country and do not have time for pity vengeance, which will do nothing but take me down the path that, I believe, turn me into the very monster that would seek to destroy.

To answer your question, no, I do not hold a grudge against you or Singed. Simply I do not have time for such things as I believe that we need move on from the past, not forgetting it but not focusing on things like vengeance and anger. We need to move forward so that we will be able to have the peace we once had but with the knowledge that we are prepared if war should ever visit our homeland again.

Sincerely,

Karma, The Enlightened One

Karma laid the brush down as she was now finished responding to the letter. Now she was a bit confused for she was unaware of how to sent it back, sighing she slid it to the edge of the table to give the ink time enough to dry. Now time to go and acquire water for tea.

Karma set out of her room walking for a bit before finding a room that appeared to be a kitchen of some sorts. She found a kettle filling it with the water needed; she set the pot down, and the started to look for a way to heat up the water. Spotting a fireplace, with a fire already going, she placed the kettle on the iron hook attached to the fireplace and the pushed it into the fireplace to heat up. Stepping back she noticed the girl from earlier passing by the door and called out.

"Excuse me, miss?"

The girl stopped, "Yes?"

"I have replied to the letter you gave me but am unsure of how to sent it back. What do I need to do?"

"Oh, you can give it to me and I will make sure it will be delivered."

"I do not have it on me. It is sitting on the table in my room."

"That's fine, I grab it as I head by. Now if you'll excuse me Miss Karma, I need to get going."

Karma nodded as she watched the girl leave. She turned back around and walked back over to the fireplace to wait for a few more minutes. Once the kettle started letting off steam, Karma picked up the towel that was laying on the counter near her and pulled out the hook from over the fire. Picking up the kettle, she made the trip back to her room, where she noticed that the letter on her table was gone. Now that she had hot water, Karma began pour it into her severing tea pot, smiling at the familiar aroma. It was at this time that Karma heard a knocking coming form the doorway, placing the now empty kettle down, on the towel so as to not to make a mark on her table, she called through the archway.

"Please do come in."

AskTheVeryBest

04-18-2014

((My comment was more than simply OOC. I was visiting you.))

1234511 ... 14