The Ice Fortress of the Avarosan (Ask Queen Ashe)

1234511 ... 19
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Queen of Focus

07-17-2014

Name:  Ashe.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  58.7 KB

In the far north of Valoran, far above Demacia, Piltover and all others, even farther than the Ironspike Mountains, a messenger enters into the Freljord, an ancient land of mysterious, mystical power. The Freljord is shrouded with a dark past, a tense feeling of tales long forgotten. Things here are erased by the flowing of snow, ice and time. All that survives are the most resilient of people in the harshest conditions and the tales they remember from their forefathers. The ancient times, before the Iceborn event, are forgotten by all but a few. Even the Iceborn event itself is shrouded in mystery, either due to the destruction of the time or perhaps on purpose. No one alive can say for sure. What is known is that there were three sisters of grandeur in conflict, Lissandra, Serylda and the one we embark to meet a descendent of today, Avarosa.

Rakelstake, an ancient, marvel city made of Ice and rock is where we will find the one we seek. Originally serving as the home for the tribe of the Ice Dervish, our heroine has been granted it upon becoming Queen of the Avarosan and the effective Queen of the Freljord. Rakelstake, with a population of 1,100, serves as the capitol of the Freljord, lying in some of its southern territory, making it warmer and more hospitable than most. Crops can be grown, wood can be chopped, some metal can be forged, but the most abundant resource is still… ice. The city was sculpted into the mountain log ago, the ice and rock shaped into rooms of all sort and a statue erected of Avarosa made of true ice. Despite the mountain succumbing to erosion, the city seems protected somehow, perhaps by magical forces of epochs long ago. Unlike most things in the Freljord, it is not simply frozen, but seemingly frozen in time, always staying the same.

The city now resides on a cliff, but it is no stranger to luxuries and formalities. Upon closer inspection the messenger can see a large road leads up to it, with sparse forest on either side. The city itself seems to stretch for a mile into the sky in a sharp, arrow-like curve, viewable from all around. Only one entrance is possible and it is heavily defendable by archers, with stations for soldiers atop each side of the road as it stretches towards the city. Luckily, the messenger is a guest. Finally, after walking for quite some time, he comes to the statue of Avarosa, itself well over 40 meters high. The statue gleams in typical true ice coloration, its magical origin being broadcast to all that can see it. Around this statue is where the city is located, its many rooms and areas ground into the rock and ice by workers older than all but an immortal. There are living spaces, large rooms for general purpose and many other, smaller rooms that have been adapted. There are some saunas and hot springs in some rooms, still alive from the breathing heat within the mountain. There are libraries, metal forges, schools, stores and many other things within the rooms of rock, just as there are food storages, firewood storages and clothes storages and many other things within the rooms of ice. These people may live far north compared to most and it may be near freezing, but it is obvious they are not uncivilized. They have a society just as any other. This is not a group living within a cave as some might expect, but a working city.

In the center of this, directly behind the statue of Avarosa lies the Royal hall, along with the Queen's quarters. Walking in, the messenger notices it is a very large room. It is very wide, with enormous, long tables for sitting at in a gathering. The tables face the walls, running parallel to the room, which allows people sitting at them to look toward the back of the room to see the Throne as the Queen speaks. The throne of the Queen is on an elevated platform, three steps up from the ice that makes up the floor of the room. It is an enormous, holy looking chair with the Freljord symbol carved into each of the top of its posts that jut out from the top of the headrest. It is red and gold and also looks quite soft, but quite worn. The wall behind this chair has the Freljord symbol on it as well. It is massive, perhaps 5 meters tall and juts out, demanding attention. While there are two doors at the back of the room, he noticed that the one to the left is a large door that is similar to Braum's. That one is likely the one Ashe resided in. A guard stands at the door, a large, burly man in plate armor similar to the Frostguard. His helmet covers his head intimidatingly and he blocks entry, raising his warhammer a bit, protecting the Queen.

His helmet shifts, looking down at at the messenger, however, his voice is unemotional, "You appear to be from the Institute of War judging on your clothing. What business do you have with my Queen."

The messenger would answer him, telling him about the champion ask program and how Queen Ashe had been invited. He showed him the documents he carried with him on the subject. The guard eyes the documents carefully, or at least apparently. After some time of his head moving back and forth to read, he turns and knocks on the large door once,calling in a respectful tone, "My Queen, there is someone here who wishes to speak to you, they are from the Institute of War about a publicity program.

Within her room, Ashe was in her private study, a large bookshelf lined one of her walls and she enjoyed reading. A Queen could not be ignorant, they must know of their people and the world. As a Queen, she knew she had a long way to go. She was dressed in an informal gown of the same colors as her League Uniform, brown and gold. It was, however, much more roomy, being flowy and long. As she heard her guard call out, she put down her book on the table, getting up from her chair and moving towards the door. "Thank you, Halvar," she called out so he could hear, her words laced with praise at his concern for her privacy. She opened the door to see a robed figure with documents being blocked by her guard, Halvar. She walked out slowly and as gracefully as she could, although she could still use some practice. Halvar moved aside as she walked, but still held his warhammer between them with his right arm, making sure the stranger kept his distance from herself. The messenger bowed to her respectfully as she exited. Ashe gingerly touched her guard's weapon at this, lowering it, "it's alright Halvar, he is not an impostor."

He lowered his weapon to his side and nodded to her before backing up against the wall, giving the two space. Ashe then spoke to the messenger in a very neutral tone, in a way, practicing her ability of formal speech, "you may come in to discuss what you must. Please, have a seat and rest after such a journey." She began walking in, turning to the right and sitting at a table immediately inside, the messenger followed, sitting down as instructed, laying the documents he held on the table. "As you can see, these are my quarters." The room had soft, crimson red carpet with a large Freljord symbol sewn into it in the center of the room. Ashe's hand flew out with grace, motioning him to look around. A large, dark, wooden desk with two dark wood chairs seated at the front and side was where the messenger and Ashe currently sat. Many books adorned the table, an oil lamp attached to the wall above it for reading. It was obvious where the books came from, as a bookshelf so tall Ashe could obviously barely reach the top was against the wall on the right side of the room behind it. Though this bookshelf was only about two thirds of the right wall due to the existence of what appeared to be another small room. When he would look towards it, Ashe would remark, "that's the washroom, baths, towels, that sort of stuff."

Continuing the gaze, one would notice Ashe had an enormous, Olympic King sized bed made of black wood. A medium-sized trunk was at the end of it, containing her personal belongings. The bed had thick, red covers with the Avarosian symbol in white as a pattern. It had five Gold pillows, three large ones for use and two small ones for decoration. Her bow was perched above her bed on a large, impressive weapons rack designed to hold a bow specifically. An end-table of dark brown wood was to the right of the bed, with a book on it as well as a few candles in carriers. To the left of the bed was a large dresser in the same dark brown wood color, it had glass on the front top half, allowing one to look inside it and see her more royal outfits as well as the one she wore on the fields. The shelves on the bottom-half contained more general clothing.

The final part, across from where they sat now, would be a dining table, with multiple, fancy gold chairs with red cushions. Many boxes would line the wall behind it, containing food and drink, all frozen due to being ice packed. A small fireplace would be in the wall directly to the left of entering the room, with metal grates and cooking structures used for preparing food. After looking around, the messenger looked back to Ashe, who had been reading the documents during this time.

Gathering herself again, she began, "I see. I humbly accept the league's offer to be included in the Champion Ask Program. I am sure there are people who have questions they wish they could ask me but are afraid to do so or are not capable of the beauracracy needed." She smiled warmly, "I am no better than any other person, I daresay there are many who I see as a better in various subjects who I would not mind asking questions myself. It is good publicity and it is right." The messenger smiled at her right back, extending a pen from his robe for her to sign the document that she agreed to be in the program.

Taking the pen in her left hand, she signed her name to indicate she was open to questions. Name:  Ashe, Queen of the Freljord.jpg
Views: 558
Size:  65.3 KB

Ask Quinn n Val

07-17-2014

Dear Ashe,

What is your breakfast of champions?

Valor also wants to come visit you again.

- Quinn

AskBloodHunter

07-17-2014

((...words cannot express what I am seeing right now...))

Dear Ashe,

Since this is a marksman question, can you hit anything and not miss?

- WW

((DAMN YOU QUINN!!! AGAIN WITH THE BREAKFAST!!))

Mystic Blue Fox

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-17-2014

Dear Queen Ashe,

I bid greetings to yourself as have been in travel through the cold lands of the Freljord. I wished to question of your current plans for the future of the Freljord in regards to the clouded mysteries of the Watchers.

Do you find the story of the Watchers to be of interest to yourself?

Sincerely,

Summoner Mystic Blue Fox

freAK47

07-17-2014

(( Jake http://summoners.shurelia.com/profiles/739 ))

A clocked man would be seen approaching the steps to the Palace. He stood tall for a normal human, average for a barbarian, and he wore thick plate mail. He stood before the guard that stopped him and asked him his buisness. "My name is Jake. I am an ambassador for my people and have come to ask Queen Ashe about potential possibilities between our peoples." At first glance, he seemed human with an almost constrictive faceplate. But upon closer examination, his face under that faceplate didnt look human at all.

The Ball and Ori

07-17-2014

((Welcome to the RP Forums. Before we get started, there are a couple things you may want to take note of. Yes I know you know this, but...every new champion gets the intro wall-o-text!

1.) Use the Forum Enhancer Kit to help improve your forum experience by offering avatars, multi-quotes, picture and video embedding, and most importantly let you search through all your posts and threads to help you keep up to date on replies..
2.) If you ever get bored you can come join us on skype. just add me (dk2player), Kameil (onedudething), or any of the other 35+ people to join the main ooc / ic / w/e chat. Completely optional though.
3.) Don't forget to explore around the RP Forums. Branch out and say hi to your fellow champions, and get them interested to want to RP with you more.
4.) Enjoy your time here!

Now, with that said....))

A small device would land fairly close to Ashe's current location. After it was turned on, this message would display:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ashe.jpg (238.7 KB, 55 views)

PSYCOsanches589

07-17-2014

((Nevermind...well...this sucks...i still had RPs with the old ashe to do...man and rayler was so close too....))

Ryugi Kazamaru

07-17-2014

(( Why don't you give this Ashe a shot? They've taken a lot of time here. ))

PSYCOsanches589

07-17-2014

((I know, it just sucks cause i had so much RP with last ashe that now is just gone.))

Ryugi Kazamaru

07-18-2014

(( Well, you can always ask if it can continue instead of moping. Or, think of how to start anew, make it better than before etc. Either way, enough OOC in their new thread. ))

1234511 ... 19