Demacia vs. Noxus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

trimyth

09-14-2012

Lore wise, who do you think would win? For this match up and restrictions, only human champions are allowed.

Who would win in an even team fight?

Who do you think is the strongest champion for each side and if they were to fight, who would win?

DonutDundee

09-15-2012

Swain owns all.

PowaLegend

09-16-2012

I think that noxus

Ruahi

09-16-2012

does noxus even have a nonhuman champ?

drocker

09-16-2012

Would Cho count as part of the Noxian team?

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-16-2012

In my own secret nerd-canon, Demacia's average soldier is stronger than the average Noxian soldier because blah blah, valor, and duty to their country. Demacia probably loves all of her children dearly and I'm certain that teamwork and friendship are at the top of their "to instill into our populace" list. Noxus, on the other hand, probably doesn't care quite as much for their fodder and uses them only to protect their elite champions. Noxus is very much an "every man, and I guess women too, for themselves" kind of state where teamwork only happens when everyone involved stands to gain something from it (i.e. continued survival).

Since Noxus is all about art (and might) from adversity it wouldn't surprise me if their eliter were elite than Demacia's elite, but ultimately the fact that so many of them would plant a knife right in each others' backs at a moment's provocation tells me that in a straight fight, Demacia would roll over Noxus like Noxus rolls over Ionia.

Unless you're referring specifically to their League champions, in which case they're all about even because Game Balance. If, however, you want a hypothetical "Jarvan vs. Swain" scenario then the answer would boil down to whether or not Swain had time to plan.

Oug

09-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
Since Noxus is all about art (and might) from adversity it wouldn't surprise me if their eliter were elite than Demacia's elite, but ultimately the fact that so many of them would plant a knife right in each others' backs at a moment's provocation tells me that in a straight fight, Demacia would roll over Noxus like Noxus rolls over Ionia.

Unless you're referring specifically to their League champions, in which case they're all about even because Game Balance. If, however, you want a hypothetical "Jarvan vs. Swain" scenario then the answer would boil down to whether or not Swain had time to plan.
Noxus and Demacia were roughly equivalent in military power before the League of Legends was formed...

Demacia would be extremely rigid in their military. Through their will to maintain order, they would suppress initiative and innovative thinking. They would follow a standard set of tactics that worked in most situations and have a hard time adapting to new strategies. A Demacian army would be completely reliant on the chain of command, and absolute chaos would ensue if the commander was slain. Soldiers are not expected to think, but rather simply to follow orders.

Noxus would be far more fluid in their military. Although there is a permanent, chaotic power struggle within the hierarchy that weakens the structure as a whole (see: Swain's rise to power), Noxus' army would be much more fluid and adapting to new situations.

While Noxus would have a hard time in an open field and ideal conditions, the Noxian military would be far more effective (and willing to engage in) raiding supplies, night attacks, ambushes, and generally being unpredictable.

Comparison:
American Revolutionary War -
Noxus - USA
Demacian - British

The US army could generally not stand up to the British on the open field, but they employed gorilla tactics and generally 'dishonorable' warfare to eventually win.

It's not a perfect comparison since both Noxian and Demacian armies would be about the same size, but it's close enough to highlight some comparable points.

Oh yeah, I forgot to talk about Swain vs Jarvan at all...
Since we don't even know for sure if the league champion Jarvan IV is the actual Jarvan IV, does this even count?

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oug View Post
Noxus and Demacia were roughly equivalent in military power before the League of Legends was formed...

Demacia would be extremely rigid in their military. Through their will to maintain order, they would suppress initiative and innovative thinking. They would follow a standard set of tactics that worked in most situations and have a hard time adapting to new strategies. A Demacian army would be completely reliant on the chain of command, and absolute chaos would ensue if the commander was slain. Soldiers are not expected to think, but rather simply to follow orders.

Noxus would be far more fluid in their military. Although there is a permanent, chaotic power struggle within the hierarchy that weakens the structure as a whole (see: Swain's rise to power), Noxus' army would be much more fluid and adapting to new situations.

While Noxus would have a hard time in an open field and ideal conditions, the Noxian military would be far more effective (and willing to engage in) raiding supplies, night attacks, ambushes, and generally being unpredictable.

Comparison:
American Revolutionary War -
Noxus - USA
Demacian - British

The US army could generally not stand up to the British on the open field, but they employed gorilla tactics and generally 'dishonorable' warfare to eventually win.

It's not a perfect comparison since both Noxian and Demacian armies would be about the same size, but it's close enough to highlight some comparable points.
no I think thats a poor analogy

Oug

09-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegacyOFtheVoid View Post
no I think thats a poor analogy
Yeah, it is. Think of it as such (it has some good points, but just as many failed comparison points).

I would appreciate it if your answers were more than just a single sentence telling me that I'm wrong... Your post really doesn't add anything to the discussion (or maybe you just don't have anything else to say?).

cyberbull

01-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruahi View Post
does noxus even have a nonhuman champ?
darius, swarn, katarina the list goes on and on