Cho and Ashe...help me.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eggs

11-16-2009

So I consider myself a seasoned vet in both League of Legends and Dota. I have noticed while playing games that Cho and Ashe always seem one step above all of the other characters in terms of DPS (Ashe) and Tanking (Cho). Before shouting overpowered and something needs to be changed, I'd like people's opinions and ideas on playing against these characters.

What items do you use? Is there a particular strategy you use to counter them? How do you damage them?

In my opinion a good Cho or Ashe with a team backing them up is just unstoppable. Perhaps this is the way they are meant to be, but then again, I have played with some pretty bad teams.

Ideas? Thoughts? And of course, my thanks.

Voidgolem

11-16-2009

Countering Cho: Gank, prevent from attaining full Feast. Items like Bloodrazor help with high HP.

Countering Ashe: ...I actually don't know of any way that's reliable, if the person using her is good enough.

Shizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2009

Buy Mercury treads. (Helps with the slows/stuns)

Gank them early and often. Ashe is super easy to gank as long as you have one reliable CC, then she's toast.

Cho' due to his high health might take more, but same thing, CC + burst. (Be careful of his silence)

Holypope

11-16-2009

I usually consider ashe an easy kill for Twitch. Get behind her, you win. Only worry about her ult.

Cho goth can also lose to Twitch, assuming he's not too huge. stack life steal and armor pen for enough dps/regen to not get feasted. if the fight looks poor, there's always slow+run+stealth. Also, I've seen warwick do a number on chogoth.

Labomba

11-16-2009

Early on you won't have any success against either of these champions if they don't stray far enough from their lane tower to get a good gank attempt in. I typically play Nasus who can farm easily enough early on with Spirit Fire, but going toe-to-toe with Cho'gath early on is something I won't do. He's much more resilient, and his Feast is to be feared when all your cooldowns are already spent.

The only answer to both of these champions is team work and coordination. You really need a partner to help take down either, especially with Ashe who can run away endlessly if you don't have a combination of slows, stuns, etc. I've often considered taking Exhaust on Nasus just to have 2 slows (wither is the other) for the very reason of giving myself any chance of taking Ashe solo. Of course, that's all ruined with Mercury Treads...

Go go team work.

spreadfred

11-16-2009

for countering cho, it obviously helps to kept him from getting fed. the other good strat i can think of (altho this is harder w/ blind pick) is to use attacks that to %dmg instead of flat dmg (im thinking amumu's despair (w) here- can anyone think of any others?).

keftes

Recruiter

11-16-2009

Have sivir lane against them and enjoy the view of them getting pushed up to the nexus.