Help with Poppy or Singed!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Turt l McGurt

09-21-2010

Hey there! I've been playing LoL about all summer and I'm just now getting heavily into it, and im looking for some help on how to play Poppy or Singed really well. I like the tanky feel of Poppy and how she can get some fast gibs ( at least when I stack Ap on her I can charge people into walls for absurd dmg at lower levels) and I love how Singed can harass and Tower dive so well, (did I use the term Tower Dive right?) I also like how he can dominate a lane easily with that poison trail later in the game, but I still manage to get WRECKED all the time on them, I usually get Sheen on both, then just stack AP/atk speed/crit

but I have a sinking feeling that this is wrong, I read Kab's build on poppy, and im going to try it, im just looking for playstyle tips on these two if anybosy has some thanks for the time!

WeAreLegion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Singed is meant to get inside the enemy team and dish out cc and reposition the enemy carries and mages, all while dealing out magic damage. To best augment Singeds main utility, you need to build tank items with precedence over damage items. The tank items you build should be strong picks against the enemy team (randuins omen against a team without strong cc or chase or high physical damage, banshees veil against champions with strong spells, Aegis of the Legion is a solid item almost no matter what, Abyssal Scepter if your team does high magic damage etc) so make good observations and then build accordingly.
It isn't terrible to get some AP on singed, but remember that singed needs to be able to tank, so don't go overboard stacking AP.

Poppy does strong DPS, but has naturally low health. However, her passive makes getting at least one or two health items a good idea. Sheen is an excellent idea to sustain her burst. The most effective way poppy is played, in my opinion, is as a burst champion, and then sustained dps while you wait for cooldowns.

It's not usually a good idea to build both AP and physical damage at the same time. Most champions perform better as one or the other, but not usually both. If you decide to build AP, try to avoid items that improve your performance with magic damage. The same is true with damage items, try to stick to other damage items if that's what your item build plan is.

playshin

09-21-2010

You might wanna try reading these guides: Singed 1 Singed 2 Poppy.

I don't really recommend reading only Kab's mini-guide unless you really really don't have the time to read the full guides. Many of these full guides give great insights on how to play the champions. I'm serious. I've found many things that I overlooked in a champion that some of these guides mention, and when I read them I'm like I never thought of that.

You might wanna start with the Singed guides first. His playstyle's quite unusual compared to the other champions.

This Complete List of Guides might also help you with playing LoL in general. Look for the 'General and Non-Hero Guides' section.

Have fun playing the game. Cheers.