Ranked Play & Banlist

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Erinn

09-21-2010

Hi all,

I'm rather new and in reading about all kinds of interesting features I saw players mention that in ranked matches there are some heroes that are "banned". I can't find any information about this and figured I'd ask about it - could someone please enlighten me?

This came up, for reference, in a thread about whether or not free heroes should be allowed in ranked play. Many responses stated that players would need to own 14 heroes to play ranked if free heroes were not allowed - 4 "banned", plus 10 more in what I assume is a roster that must be unique. I'm not sure.

Thanks in advance!

SomniumProxy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

In ranked play, before picking the champions, there is a banning phase. The leader of team 1 bans one champion, then the leader of Team 2 bans 2, and then the leader of Team 1 bans one more. Then players pick champions following a 1-2-2-2-2-1 model.

Thus you are required to have a minimum of 14 available champions, so that if 4 of them are banned and the other players pick exactly those which you have, you're still left with at least 1 available champion.

Erinn

09-21-2010

Ah, I see. Thanks a lot for the quick and informative answer