Why the LeaverBuster needs a FIX

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ascatraz

10-25-2013

The LeaverBuster is a system that automatically bans players for disconnecting for several games in a row, or even for several games at completely separate times (sometimes days apart). The flaw of this system is that for some reason, Riot will not unban players banned from the LeaverBuster under any circumstance. I have personally experienced where I will not play more than two games a day Monday-Thursday, but Friday-Saturday (days when I don't have work) I will play for hours on end. I will not leave a game until Saturday night, get unbanned the next day, go to sleep, wake up and go to work, then play two games Monday night, rinsing and repeating. Thursday night, however, I will have some my internet cut off by my ISP mid game, and get banned until Sunday night. I can't be the only one experiencing not this exact scenario, but something along these lines. The truth is that LeaverBuster is an unfair system and simply does not have a set system, but rather just bans people all over the place. Riot, in my opinion, should take a look at LeaverBuster and reevaluate it's system. Thank you.

Rubixtreme

10-25-2013

Like you have said, The LeaverBuster system bans players for disconnecting for several games in a row, or even for several games at completely separate times. If like you said, your ISP cuts your internet on Thursday (which i think is ridiculous like every thursday?), you shouldnt have Leaves for more than once in a week. So what's your excuse for leaving a game on Saturday night or any other times outside from ISP cutting your internet?

Everyone plays under the filter of LeaverBuster, and if you are the only one feeling this is unfair for always getting banned, you should ask yourself why is this happening to you so often.

Ascatraz

10-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubixtreme View Post
Like you have said, The LeaverBuster system bans players for disconnecting for several games in a row, or even for several games at completely separate times. If like you said, your ISP cuts your internet on Thursday (which i think is ridiculous like every thursday?), you shouldnt have Leaves for more than once in a week. So what's your excuse for leaving a game on Saturday night or any other times outside from ISP cutting your internet?

Everyone plays under the filter of LeaverBuster, and if you are the only one feeling this is unfair for always getting banned, you should ask yourself why is this happening to you so often.
Well, considering that I work on weekdays, and the LeaverBuster system bans people according to time in-game rather than time in general between leaves, then I wont have enough games played between each disconnect.

Saydene

10-26-2013

Or you could get reliable internet and not leave games that you're committed to play once you've accepted them, thus royally screwing 4 people that were relying on you.

If anything they need to permaban people from ranked that do this.

Impaled One Prac

04-01-2014

my internet glitched and it made me leave the game for the first time ever and it gave me a 3 day suspension so i think the leaver buster should just ban you from playing pvp anyone else thinking the same?

CrazyBolas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2014

Here's what I don't like about leaver buster. See attached screenshot. Note the time waiting in queue? 39 minutes. And the eventual result? Client crash.

Flaky servers and shoddy code do not mean that I rage quit. It means the servers need an upgrade or the bugs need fixed.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg LOL_Client_Fail.jpg (211.1 KB, 92 views)

Calpac2000

06-04-2014

my interent was slow so i couldnt join the game after i waited for 30 minutes i was able to join the game and play until the game ended. however after the game ended leaver buster suspended my account for abandoning the game even though i didnt leave i just couldnt join.

veper975

06-09-2014

Srry to say but i was banned for having to jump off and go to the hospital after my mom fell down our stairs and riot did nothin i was on a dif account then so i didnt bother to do anything about it cuz they think you lie or somethin so WELCOME TO RIOT GAMES

Anrui

06-10-2014

I don't think leaverbuster bans for any single disconnection. Anyway, OP if your ISP cuts off your connection every Thursday, then either you get a new ISP or just don't play on Thursdays, or when your connection might be unstable. I don't even play during severe storms cause the lights might go out. I'm super conscious about things like that.