Champ question

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duelpower

09-21-2010

Since it seems searching is disabled for some reason or another, I might as well ask about tryndamere real quick and find out is he is even worth using my IP on. I am very new still and playing pretty much only practice games so far.

I really liked playing him for free the other week, his criticals were awesome, his burst healing came in handy alot for jungling, and the spinning attack skill helped me catch up to the bots to kill them quite nicely. I am a game away from having the IP to unlock a 1350? champion and was thinking about using him as my first.

Any tips or suggestions would be great, thanks.

Mr Zafrada

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Tryndamere is something like the archetype of a hard carry:

-crappy early game
-weak mid game
-godlike late game if farmed right.

-on a degree dependant on a crit rune page to max his potential. (IP, lots of IP, just for trynd)

It remembers a lot of PA on DotA, Tryn has the same gameplay pattern. But, the lack of heavy anti CC items like BKB in LoL makes Trynd extremely team dependant and vulnerable to CC and Exhaust (ranked play someone pick tryndamere 3 exhaust on the enemy team).

But, if he nets some early kills due to ganks, and grab the right gear ASAP.. Oh god is tryndamere, RUN!

Tryndamere can not lead the way in a fight, he has to wait, and jump when all their CC is down an try to kill everything in 5 sec.

And, most important thing on a carry, he has to last hit and farm really hard.

Duelpower

09-21-2010

Is there another champ that is comparable? Or (what I believe to be the case) would it be worth
my time to master him from the start?

Fuz2o

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Trynd is a melee carry, so he suffers from what many of the old school melee characters are infected with. He is such a late game character sometimes the game is all but decided by the time Trynd is a threat. He is also vulnerable to harassment and zoning but superior laners. His skill set is pretty fun though, and if you can last hit well enough you can sometimes keep yourself healed in lane even when being poked at by a ranged character.

Also from what I understand, he is relatively reliant on runes, which may be a problem for lower level summoners.

He would not be the easiest choice in the world for a new player to learn, but if you enjoy a character you should play them. Check leaguecraft.com for some guides to help get you started.

Mr Zafrada

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
Is there another champ that is comparable? Or (what I believe to be the case) would it be worth
my time to master him from the start?

I think Olaf would fit your gamestyle.

Give him a try. I think he was free like 1 week ago, did you play him?

Duelpower

09-21-2010

I didn't get around to trying olaf unfortunately. I played the week following
trynd's freeplay with gangplank who was pretty close to what I had liked about
playing with tryndamere.

Mr Zafrada

09-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duelpower View Post
I didn't get around to trying olaf unfortunately. I played the week following
trynd's freeplay with gangplank who was pretty close to what I had liked about
playing with tryndamere.
If you wan to feel the grasp of old melee carrys try Master Yi, he is not the god tier of melees out there but is only 450 IP and has the basic of a melee hard carry

-Squishy as hell
-Good farming
-Jungling capabilities
-If farmed can wreck havoc on the enemy team. (really two shot squishies enemy heroes)
-Snowball very easy.
-Squishy

Did I mention squishy?

good luck.

For references:
http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...aster-yi.xhtml