Duo Top Lane vs Meta Laning, and "Assassins" in Normal Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GalbiSchoolsU

01-02-2013

lol try fighting gangplank and darius. The passives get along well, ill admit it is Killsteal War but usually kill secured. I mean a passive that slows u, lil poision, easier for darius to decimate and axe pull in. And try have 5 bleeding out stacks and gp passive max stacks ill toss ignite, gg? sure darius can get poked but i can still poke back with parrrrrrrleyyy, and raise morale to chase down. Its a good synergy even my irl friend in his noob days of darius got fat with me (level 10 and me 30) as gangplank. Unfortunatly teemo wont be much cuz if im blind, oranges or parrley and darius can take hits ill take the cc bullets like stun or w/e. It does require lot of trust since its more teamwork and some synergy

GalbiSchoolsU

01-02-2013

And adding to my post, both of you need to tank your dedicated stuff kinda, so my darius be meat shield, if skarner tries to say ill never escape or ww ult, im kinda expected to take the hit for my darius eat oranges and run!!! XD and if stray ashe arrow guess id good guy greg meme take ashe arrow for team eat orange and continue piracy where left off

DaedalusDevice

01-02-2013

In a normal game an assassin is only as good as their team. If an assassin comes to gank make sure to secure the kill for them, or yourself if their combo doesn't one-shot the enemy.

ifeelsmited

01-02-2013

I am still lvl 14 and finally now we are starting to see some games with a jungle. I usually play Jax top and love a 2 v 1 lane. I just make sure I tell my jungle illl be at my turret and if he ever wants a free kill to come on up. The trick is to not take unnessesary damage trying to get to minions that are in the middle of the lane. Let them push and practice farming under your turret. also try to get some life steal to help with the few hits you will take from harrass so you can be viable whenyour jungle gets up to you.

falcolink

03-13-2013

they key here is be mindset to go 2vs1 there is a good pool of champ who can go 2vs1 lane ex. nidalee, if you know farm at tower and manage you mana you can dominate your lane by poking/ farming and make some kills if they made mistakes (like when think they can dive you at full life in early stages usually you have cougar form).

i would say 2vs1 lane you are in better place by picking a champ with sustain/ manaless and pick good regen(doran's items give good forms of sustain early game)

Coolh4x0r

03-13-2013

necro'd

but i'm doing it too, so wth
basically ranged poke + sustain is good. 2v1 with cho'gath and yorick is fun. you can outfarm them, and can 2v1 at lvl 6 (immediately with yorick, after 6 stacks with cho). and cho's aoe ranged cc is just too good in 2v1. XD

TheFakeSit

03-13-2013

A team will 4 buffs, and all the dragons vs a team with two under leveled and underfarmed players in comparison to a team with two. My god Chauster ain't got nothing on you... please gtfo

Elsabet

03-13-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvzillmer View Post
If you enemy has a Jungler who knows what they are doing you will get WRECKED if you don't play accordingly. They will have their jungle, YOUR jungle and free roam gank whatever lane they want. You might as well surrender at 20, because they will have at least 4 levels on you plus items.
You act as though unconventional setups can't work. I was recently surprised in a duo queue game when the enemy team did not select a typical jungler. On the load screen, we noticed they had no smite.
They started by sending 4 mid and 1 bot. They immediately knocked our Lux and her tower [mid] down to half health. I knew I couldn't just leave her alone or they'd take the tower in a flash and probably kill her. I was playing support (Galio). I left my MF bot v. Varus and our top Yorick was free-farming. By the time I got to mid they had managed to kill Lux (flash/ignite makes that easy when you have 4 and poke and everyone's level 2, so don't bother with "She should have been more careful.") Our jungler also came mid to keep them from scoring the world's fastest tower. We held them off while Lux returned. Our MF unfortunately died to Varus bot (she had no business fighting him obviously) and he started to damage bot tower. Knowing he would start bullying her, I returned bot to help protect her and hopefully zone him. Meanwhile 1 or 2 of them have migrated top to bully Yorick a bit and protect their tower top. They mostly kept 3 mid until they took mid tower. We held out somewhat, but they basically snowballed into a huge gold advantage, getting towers early, dragons, and winning fights.
Yorick was able to farm a lot, but that was it. I got decently tanky, but our damage dealers were basically neutered by this strategy. Unless you're well prepared, an unconventional comp can be extremely difficult to deal with. Yes, it's easy to say "Well everyone should have just warded and punished them for sticking together or being unevenly dispersed. Just play really far back; they're losing exp and gold by laning together!" Yeah well if they totally starve you, they're actually doing just fine by comparison. Overall, beating unconventionality with meta discipline is much easier said than done.

acrid56

03-13-2013

ur problem is that the champs u mkentioaned have little poke, and therefore leiitle chance of surviving. going more pokey or sustain is smarter when top, as well as somen hard cc(malph), (teemo), chogath. rammus as well, or u can play someone who has chase/escape and ustain through attacking(fiora, master yi)