Support Zyra viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arch4ik

09-14-2012

I've been hearing she's good with getting carries fed fast and easily. Just want to clarify if anyone has played it yet and if it's a decent way to go.

Cenerae

09-14-2012

I havn't played it, but I can't see it working amazingly well outside of kill lane setups. She has a root that travels through minions, and her plants can slow and do hit decently hard early game, so yes, she can definately help set up kills. But later on she's going to need farm to meaningfully contribute to her team, since her base damages are only going to get her so far.

I guess it would be like playing a more reliable support Lux, without the shield.

Catavatar131

09-14-2012

Not good.

She is way way too squishy bot lane tbh, hard CCing supports like Taric/Ali/Blitz/Leona + an offensive AD carry can gib her within a CC duration. Even Soraka silence can screw you over.

Unless your opponents play super passive and let you set the pace (They won't unless they're retarded because Zyra is squishy as all hell) they'll walk right over you.

TeknoWizard

09-14-2012

Why? Why would people run her over other supports? That's my question for every "New Non-meta support!". Why would anyone pick this over others?

MuhGeeSher

09-14-2012

It would not be ideal to play Zyra as a support. As mentioned above, there are way better supports.

madf0x

09-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeknoWizard View Post
Why? Why would people run her over other supports? That's my question for every "New Non-meta support!". Why would anyone pick this over others?
Because the last pick guy who never called any role or said anything during team comp discussion gets stuck with support and then finally announces he has no support champions to play.

In which case its best to just pick someone like Lux, or I suppose as OP is suggesting, Zyra as a harassing/kill support.

sometimes its not about ideals and which champ is the best, but working with a bad hand.