Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Your top 5 solo top champions?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NullAurelian

10-08-2012

In no logical order:
1. Riven - great kit, high mobility, if a bit squishy
2. Nasus - in a weird place compared to other top laners, but still fun (dat Q)
3. Jarvan IV (odd you don't see him too often. Actually bought him because I thought it might be interesting to try and support with him. :/)
4. Malphite
5. Singed - need I explain?

iamtheqaz

10-08-2012

Irelia, Nasus, Riven, Warwick, Ezreal

SpicyLeaves

10-08-2012

Cho'Gath: Build RoA, learn to hit Q, awesome time.

Alistar: Has great CC for ganks from high damage low cc junglers like Fiora and Shyvana. The only problem is he has no damage so he has a bad early game.

Amumu: (Read Alistar). Also has good AP scalings so you can build WotA and convert mana to health with tears.

Garen: Silence is too strong for ganks, spin is awesome for clearing, and ult is an amazing finisher. Seriously. I remember when I used to play Garen and when someone stayed top with low health you can run in with Q and Ult. It's amazing.

Darius: Pull is like a mini Blitz pull for ganks. Not the best but still pretty awesome. He has a slow on his W and his Q and R are super OP. Try him out, but you'll be useless after about 1500 elo because people know how to counter you.

Urgot: Unexpected top laner. He's usually an ADC. But he can bully well with AoE + Q and his ult is good as if you build him tanky.

Wukong: Definitely my favourite top. Strong harass with EQ and W is troll as ****. Ult is amazing for teamfights. Just remember to conserve mana and you'll be good.

Renekton: I have no idea why but his early game is one of the strongest. He's awesome if you want an amazing laning phase. But late game you may as well sell your build for Warmogs'.

Nasus: The opposite of Renekton. **** early game. However, farm your Q and really late game it can one shot enemy carry, along with that slow. Also, both Renekton and Nasus' ults are trollface. Want to tower dive me? Nope.

Riven: She bounces around like crazy, good to counter skill shots, and high damage. Her early game is meh, but late game- DAYUUUMMMM

Jarvan IV: You're like Alistar, with a lot of CC, but you deal damage as well. The flags are also awesome.

Master Yi: Build him AD and roflstomp late game. His Highlander and Wuju Style is too strong. Build him AP and you'll deal a lot of damage when you press Q, but then you're useless for about 11 seconds. You can also tank the entire enemy team with Meditate (If they don't have Healing reductions or Ignite.)

Irelia: Your Q is an amazing skill, although you deal no damage early game. However your late game teamfights when you're tanky as ****= gg.

Jax: I've seen him reccommended a lot here. Mainly because he's easy and op. His stun is amazing, his Q is an awesome gap closer, his W deals a ****load of damage, and his ult can tank anything while also dealing massive damage every 3rd attack. Your enemies won't know what to build because he deals mixed damage

Lee Sin: Q in, W out. Easiest lane ever imo. Just land your Q. If you're getting bullied, you can use Q to last hit also

Evelynn: Whether AP, AD or Hybrid, EVelynn is a strong solotop. Her Q can harass while lasthitting, her W and Ult are good for ganks, and her E is kind of bad now that it doesn't slow anymore xD

Other good solotops that I don't play are Rumble, Singed, Sion (AP and AD), Yorick, Xin Zhao, Udyr, Teemo, Tryndamere, Pantheon, Nunu, Jayce and Malphite. SOrry that was a bit more than 5 lol.

Aceroar

10-09-2012

my top 5:

Vlad, Yorick, Jayce, Olaf, Jax.

Rumble and darius also deserves an honorable mention.
Oh and rengar, but he will be nerfed soon. *YOU LISTENING RIOT???? NERF HIM!!!!!!!!!*

MadManDu

10-09-2012

Teemo - kite for days
Vlad - sustain for days
Kennen - just win baby.
Ezreal - kite for days
Nidalee - I can hit you, but you can't touch me.

THOR31

10-10-2012

Shen Jax Irelia Yorick Pantheon

Liceomlett

10-10-2012

1. Renekton
2. Yorick
3. Teemo
4. Jarvan
5. Garen

Dorsia

10-10-2012

jarvan iv, cho, volibear, olaf, gangplank (in that order). all 5 can also jungle

first 3 because they end up pretty tanky, have good cc, and can control the lane (or at least farm under turret well).

olaf is just beast mode

gp u can farm top ult bot and never miss a beat

CookieEatingMOFO

11-12-2012

Olaf : Sustainability, strong ultimate and DAT PASSIVE will save your life.
Yorick: Has damage and strong attacks. Can menace with ghouls. Ultimate is great for teamfights.
Cho Gath: Sustainability, AoE and solid for 1v1.
Malphite: He cant be countered easily.Very high on armor and ulti good for teamfights. But banned most of the games.
Jayce: Poke, range and melee.

GoodxThings

11-12-2012

In no particular order:

Soraka: Her sustain is INSANE. Also she can heal all the minions. Plus, she basically shuts down all ad bruisers because her silence prevents them from

AP Riven: Everybody knows that armor hard counters riven in lane, so go all in ap. They never see it coming, and man do those lichbane procs hurt!

AD Kassadin: Same as above, but the opposite. Plus, it gives his sword a purpose.

Zilean: He can master time, so if you stack gp5 it like triples their value. Doesn't have to top, but you know. Science.

Lastly, AP GP: OP. Nothing says I have a boat like showing everybody how cool your boat is. Get that death cap and fire away. Plus, nothing promotes good nutrition like dem oranges.

(elise, rumble, nunu, etc..I find "ap bruisers" to be especially effective top lane because running ap makes your opponent stack mr which helps make them more squishy to your adc.)