BinLadenIsDead

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

tempnameA704

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

Bringing up another name that is clearly offensive doesn't mean my name is equally offensive. I can easily see why the name you suggested is offensive (seeing as it was censored), but that doesn't make mine offensive.

BksOnMyJock

09-14-2012

change it back riot

MLGxXBigBooXxMLG

09-14-2012

His name is offensive cuz 'merika and 9/11

SlywasHere

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-14-2012

not sure why you got the name changedemand, I've seen some pretty f'd up names in game, and I honestly don't see what's wrong with it..

change it to " EverybodyDies"

tempnameA704

09-14-2012

I would assume that that name is probably taken. I agree, I've seen names that were actually offensive, which I don't believe my name was.

Still trying to keep this on the front page for as much input as possible.

SSSilhouette

09-14-2012

Riot doesn't want to be firebombed by stupid religious fanatics.

tempnameA704

09-14-2012

Still trying to keep this on the front page for more input. Thanks for the support.

Dokmazing

09-14-2012

you can get banned for anything in this game... im not surprised at all. Do i think its right? no but it's not surprising in the least

Ghostface Ki11ah

09-14-2012

So, it may not make much sense, but here is my guess as to why it was changed:

A large majority of players are from the US, specifically on this server and on these forums (people from other countries tend toward their own area's servers). In the US, there is a lot of dislike of Bin Laden (as you might notice). Now, while it is true that rationally, this SHOULD mean your name was A-OK, it still referenced a very bad man, someone who is approaching the same level of hatred in America as Adolf Hitler. They wouldn't let you use a name about Hitler, so they don't let you use a name about Bin Laden.

I get that saying he's dead isn't 'supporting' him, but the reason they wont let you have your old name is because they don't want any summoner names that reference these bad men, else they might, by some person somewhere, be construed as supporting that same bad man.

I know logically it doesn't make much sense that saying someone is dead could be considered supporting that person, but that is my guess as to why.

That being said, IMO, you should get your old name back.

tempnameA704

09-14-2012

It may not be particularly surprising, but if the overwhelming majority of people (again, no one has remarked that they are personally offended by this name) say it isn't justified I'm not sure why this can't be undone. There is precedent.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...=freezingballs

Thanks for your support and I can conceive of a situation where they might think it was safer to change the name than leave it, but I don't feel like it's logical or justified and I'm not sure why this sort of knee jerk reaction to a bad report without real justification couldn't be overturned.