Ranked game, why I am always the captain? ( been at least 10 times in a row)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kabam Killer

03-05-2013

I am fairly new to rank games with 28 games (67.9% win rate) and I been duoing with my friends a lot. What I noticed is that I have always been captain for at least 10 times in a row. What's even weird is that other players in champion select even said that they have higher division (tier) than me yet I was still captain. Why does this keep happening? Can someone from Riot explain this?

Back when elo exists, isn't the player of the highest elo in the team always becomes the captain?

Is it because of duo?
I also have the hot streak ribbon, been wining with my mid for some 6-8 times in a row. ( is it because i have the ribbon?)

RagingDonger

03-05-2013

Duo queue. You are duoing with a friend who is so wide in gap with the entry point that you will most games be the captain. Due to the gap, you may be playing in an average region way below your skill thus the easy wins.

Kabam Killer

03-05-2013

But I even duo with a friend who had higher elo than me (in season 2) and higher tier for this season (he's in silver division 2 while I am in division 3). And when we duo, he somehow ended up being last pick while I am still stuck at first pick. I just don't want to first pick because people can always try to counter, and I don't want that to happen.