Riot needs to change Garen back.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yuah

09-13-2012

They changed Garen to one of the best early game laners in game to an all around useless champ. I use to win almost all my lanes no matter who I faced base on a few exceptions. Now I can barely keep up in lane with Garen. For what? A tad better mid and late game? Why don't I just play singed who has a little worse early game? And is better at everything else? Or just play rumble who is better at everything else? Or just any other top in the game for that matter. Other then for counter picks Garen is completely garbage. I have hundreds of ranked games with him played and sense the "buff" I won't step into a ranked with him anymore. I am even afraid to counter pick with him because I think he just sucks that bad. Thanks riot for making a champion that was fine and people didn't know how to build. I am going to spam this thread until Garen is changed taking into consideration I am the only person that plays Garen in ranked in all of summoners rift so really I just got nerfed.

yuah

09-13-2012

Garen is trash. If you don't agree with me I will face anyone top and show you why.

yuah

09-13-2012

Garen is trash.

sambobsam

09-13-2012

i loved garen before, but i love him even more now! he rocks lane, i get "no death" games with him half the time... the new garen actaully gets called OP by the people i kill... maybe he was just a good fit for your style of gaming and now he's not the best choice for you, but he is definitly the best choice for me.... garen for the win!

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuah View Post
Garen is trash. If you don't agree with me I will face anyone top and show you why.
I will play Garen and win against most AD caster.

yuah

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I will play Garen and win against most AD caster.
Want to play me? i will play jarvan

ApathyWolf

09-13-2012

If you liked Garen (who is garbage atm) try Darius. The spin to win that you love + true dmg ult.

Judas Priest

09-13-2012

Darius is the new Garen. As you just said, Garen is trash at the momment.

sambobsam

09-14-2012

i just got darius after the free week we just had, and i am in love.... but garen is still my strongest champ to date... not that we date much anymore but yeah, best patch to garen was that minoin dmg no longer stops the health regen. makes him lane so much better now... and the utility of his Q makes it easy to get around the lane, or even the map... and his ult makes him the kill steal pro... Garen for the win!

Cenerae

09-14-2012

Garen actually scales far better than he did before.

His only problems right now are that judgement slows him down if he uses it in a creep wave, and that Darius essentially does the same thing but better. But is still stronger than before. Better scaling, offensively and defensively, in exchange for very minor early game damage and durability hits.

If you were running AD runes on the old Garen, then he didn't take any noticeable damage hit at all, only to durability through not getting a free natural 25 armor and MR from Courage - but that flat 20% buff comes out way ahead provided you actually build tanky like you're supposed to.