Garen Ultimate makes 0 sense.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Franny Pack

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuther View Post
If Darius and Garen only had ultimates, then it would make total sense to.

However, that is not the case, and just comparing their ultimates is instead only distracting and misdirecting rather than sensible.
THE ARGUMENT IS MORE ABOUT HOW HIS KIT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.
He RARELY needs his ultimate to be useful and fu-full his damage effectively. It feels like he only has 2 spells for damage, Q and E and thats it. Im sorry i got a little carried away with darius, But it was to only prove how weak the garen ultimate is.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franny Pack View Post
The point is not a refresher, or only that Garen's current ult needs to be stronger.
Im fighting for a change to Garen's ultimate, that matches his kit. The only reason why I bring in darius is because it just shows how Garen's current ult is almost useless. Giving a refreshed ult on garen or on other champions is clearly dumb but it proves an important point, that garen's ult is trash.
Usually the only way to land a good ultimate is when your Q is off of cooldown, making it difficult to dish it out.
So even though Garen's ultimate deals more damage outright then his and the damage it does is actually higher then Darius's...it needs a buff?

Franny Pack

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omnifacetious View Post
Garen's Ult does magic damage because it forces enemies to choose either building MR and dying to the combo before the ult, or building armor and maybe surviving long enough to get blasted by a space sword. It would be nice if it scaled with Garen's bonus AD, but would be broke-tacular if it did.
If you haven't noticed, hexdrinker is what makes his ult pitiful. In most lane-ing against garen, building a hexdrinker is all you need. Garen is usually put against bruisers scaling off ad, so hexdrinker is easy to buy and doesn't force champions to ruin their build.

Franny Pack

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
So even though Garen's ultimate deals more damage outright then his and the damage it does is actually higher then Darius's...it needs a buff?
I dont understand how people will only compare him to darius now. HIS ULT DOES NOT MATCH HIS KIT CAUSE HE USUALLY DOES NOT NEED IT. Garen always gets kited and feels completely useless late game. More CC would compensate this problem. i dont exactly what his new ult should be, but it needs to match his kit.
BOTTOM LINE, he shoudl have an ult with cc, not execution.

Jamaree

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
I dont understand how people will only compare him to darius now. HIS ULT DOES NOT MATCH HIS KIT CAUSE HE USUALLY DOES NOT NEED IT. Garen always gets kited and feels completely useless late game. More CC would compensate this problem. i dont exactly what his new ult should be, but it needs to match his kit.
BOTTOM LINE, he shoudl have an ult with cc, not execution.
People compared him to Darius because you compared him to Darius at the very start. Also, why?

Franny Pack

09-14-2012

I only compared him to Darius to show how weak Garen's ult is. People are only arguing i compared garen to darius, so my point is invalid.
Garen's probelm is that its every difficult to dish out his Q E in team fights, so feels very useless. A little bit of CC would solve this since all garen needs is to put out some sustained damage. Usually all he can do is land and Q, and apply E on champions, shorter than its duration. I am asking for a very difficult solution, but its just too true.

Franny Pack

09-14-2012

I feel Garen desperately needs a new ult, because he is sssoooo close to being very viable in tourny play, and more cc is the key.

Jamaree

09-14-2012

Quote:
I only compared him to Darius to show how weak Garen's ult is. People are only arguing i compared garen to darius, so my point is invalid.
Garen's probelm is that its every difficult to dish out his Q E in team fights, so feels very useless. A little bit of CC would solve this since all garen needs is to put out some sustained damage. Usually all he can do is land and Q, and apply E on champions, shorter than its duration. I am asking for a very difficult solution, but its just too true.
Where are you getting your too true information from? Is this all personal thoughts or do you have any numbers to back this up as well? Also, the reason he doesn't see tourney play isn't because he lacks CC, it is because he isn't mobile enough. In the meta where mobility is everything having to rely on a dash to get around isn't enough to make you top tier. So you can give him all the CC he wants, as long as he has to rely on a dash to get in, he will be low tier.

lemonpartyfan0

09-14-2012

I really was with you until the Darius part. I do agree that once his QE are on CD, he can't do much after that. He is an ad bruiser that doesn't focus on AA's but instead abilities. Thats why he is so clanky. FOr instance, when Xin is on CD's, he still has his AA to heal and do decent damage since AS has synergy with his kit.

Franny Pack

09-14-2012

Sigh, i already have the numbers, and i already mentioned it. Look it up yourself if you disagree.You can also play him more often to see where im coming from. It doesn't hurt to make a champion fit into the game better.
One last point, you said he isn't mobile enough, very true. the extra cc saves him from that, just like how it makes other less mobile champions viable.