Advanced Jungling tips for new ranked player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JZ1MM4

09-13-2012

So I decided yesterday that with season 2 coming to a close I want to start playing ranked games and (hopefully) get to the silver ranking for some cool stuff. However before I jump in to the solo queue I want to know how to jungle at a higher level so if I have to I can. Can someone just fill me in on advanced tactics like counter jungling and what effing boots to get?!?!? Also I have jungled with Mundo and Nautilus like twice each so my knowledge is not that great...

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

There's no quick way to convey that information - it comes with experience.

Alot of it also depends on which junglers you play, so anyone who might have the knowledge to help would also need to know that.

As far as boots, I do like mobility boots for jungling, but I don't always take them - most junglers have a speed boost ability, and alot of them are very effective when built as tanks, so tabi and treads can definitely be worthwhile in some situations. Like I said, the champions you have, and your experience with the role, will help clarify that for you.

Good luck with ranked.

JZ1MM4

09-13-2012

Ok I almost always play top lane with my friends in normals so I am familiar with junglers like Mundo, Nautilus, Yi, Pantheon so I see what you mean with the boots but what of summoner spells (besides smite of course) and gank positioning?

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

For summoner spells, you'll generally want either flash or exhaust, depending on your own mobility and cc.

Gank positioning will rely on the ward placement for the lane you're ganking. For example, if you're blue team, ganking bottom lane, and you have reason to believe that dragon and tribush are warded, try to get your bot lane to push out and come up through the lane bushes unseen.

You'll usually be able to tell when you've been seen, as the lane you're ganking will retreat to tower - if this happens, call off the gank and go elsewhere, or come back around in a direction you're pretty sure isn't warded.

Hope that helps.

JZ1MM4

09-13-2012

Thanks! Sounds like solid advice...off to the smurf acct to test this stuff!

Sereg Anfaug

09-13-2012

Take it with a grain of salt, I'm rather low elo - if someone who knows what they're doing comes along and contradicts me, they're the one you should listen to still, I don't think I'm too far off with that advice, so it should help, and if nothing else will give you somewhere to start from.