Yet another looking for a champion thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maengsk

09-21-2010

Champions I have loved + why:

Kassadin (bought him a while back, have enjoyed every single game I have played with him)
- Ability to non-stop harass with null sphere. (gives me something to do in lanning phase)
- Rift walk combos with other skills (non-stop fun)

Nidalee (was saving IP to buy her, and planned to get a skin with RP, and now she's free when I was just a few games from my goal)
- Her Q skill (amazing damage if you can get your timing and anticipate your opponent's movements correctly // more fun using this skill alone than most champions imo)
- Traps (never a dull moment - I am either in a fight or finding good places to put there)
- Heal (I have been playing with a friend who takes a few too many risks in the game, it is great to have something to save him every once in a while)
- Cougar form (two champions in one, much?)

I have been considering saving up some points for Akali or Katarina since they both seem to be very "active" in fights (as opposed to buff, buff, q, right click)

Does anyone know of any other champions that I should look in to? I am still rather unaware of what most of them do.

Ratik

09-21-2010

Try every hero in practice games and see what You like.

John41283

09-21-2010

Malzahar is fun for me, you have to be quick with your casts and the order needs to be right on. Learning how his Malefic Visions jumps is key for playing him as well as playing against him! I've been using him quite a lot recently and he can really put out the damage from a safe distance as well as harass early. Mind you, his visions gives mana back as long as the creature it is on dies (you do NOT have to get the kill credit). Otherwise, I agree with Ratik, try out all the free heros in practice games when you get the chance. A rule of thumb that works for me : if you're playing a damage/tank/support champion, BE a damage/tank/support champion. It is generally ill-advised to try and make a champion something they were not intended to be (there are a few exceptions, but until you get familiar with characters, I wouldn't dabble too much into it)

Orharnah

09-21-2010

Malzahar truly is one of the most fun characters IMO.

Also, simply by your love of nidalee/javelin, I am inclined to recommend Janna. My favorite thing to do is attempt to read ppl's movements ahead if time and aim the tornado for where they WILL go as opposed to where they are.

xpsychedelico

09-21-2010

Akali and Kat are quite similar to Kassadin and Nidalee.

Akali, like Kassadin, can blink to the nearest squishy, burst him to hell, then get out. Pick another squishy, and go in to kill them and run out again.

Kat tends to be a bit more of an R button, but it is a channel, so you have to make sure all CCs are blown before you decide to jump into a fight and press R. On the other hand, if you build her AD, your bouncing blades will still do good damage in a fight + healing reduction. She's got very strong lane presence and good harassment.

I suggest you wait till they are free to give them a go.

Poppy might be another champ you can consider getting, she's also anti-squishy carry, her ult allows her to get kills in the most ridiculous situations and get out safely.

WeAreLegion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Looks like you enjoy low cooldown and versatile champions with good escapes. You should try udyr, gangplank (tankplank), kennan, shen, twisted fate, or zilean. akali is good too, but i don't think she has the same type of active role in a team fight, being an assassin like champion.
They all have very active roles in team fights, which it looks like you enjoy.

Stillhart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

I need to find me a good Kassadin guide. I obviously built him wrong because I had **** burst dmg when I tried him in a practice game. Strong early laning is fun on him, for sure, but he's WAY squishy and his dps was terrible until WAY late in the game. Personally, my favorite aspect of Kass is the lack of mana issues and short cooldowns. To me this points naturally towards the three ninjas.

I've been reading good things about Malzahar lately too.