So... What do you think of the skin? Do you like it?

Yes! I'd get it~ 1,260 58.60%
I don't play Draven, but it's well done! 687 31.95%
It's a pretty sweet concept. 135 6.28%
Nah. 68 3.16%
Voters: 2150. You may not vote on this poll

Firedancer Draven (Completed)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FrostyPuff

09-17-2012

O.0 This gives me a reason to buy a skin for Draven. Riot should make this happen.

Spookypatrol

09-17-2012

Thanks again to all my supporters I infinitely appreciate all of the comments!

I can't be slackin', though. In order for this to be made a reality I have to stay on top of my topic. Of course the majority of the thanks has to still go to community support, because Riot isn't going to spend their time and resources on something the community is lukewarm about, and rightly so XD So I do have to try to keep this topic active and popular for as long as possible, and you guys have really helped me do that! Seriously, infinite loves ~ I never expected this idea to make it this far, and I don't want to let it fall now.

If any of you guys have any recommendations for how I can keep traffic on the topic, please, let me know! The skin seems to be doing well within the community, it's just getting people to look at the topic and comment or +1 that's tricky, so I know my best chance is to make sure I keep the topic active. I really have hopes for this one, but it isn't going to get anywhere if I suddenly stop getting feedback - that's the reality :/

I hate to feel like I'm burdening you guys but the truth is I can't just show this to Riot and cross my fingers that they use it. It needs overwhelming community support, and I haven't quite made a dent yet. But hey, we're getting there, and again, it's thanks to all of this support so far :3 I have to also be realistic; it hasn't even been up for a week. I'm grateful for how much the topic has grown in such a short period of time, I'm just frightened that it'll take a downturn from here.

So, yeah. Sorry for the lengthy post! Just wanted to give you guys a status update and ask for ideas to keep the topic active and further encourage help to make sure it stays active.

Thanks so much again, guys, for all the support given so far! Now, let's see if we can't make Firedancer Draven a reality

-Spooky

ThePlatypirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-18-2012

That realistic sketch is awesome! He almost doesn't look creepy at all, which is quite a feat of course. XD And I totally concur with your last post. I'll definitely post when I can to bump up the topic.

Spookypatrol

09-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePlatypirate View Post
That realistic sketch is awesome! He almost doesn't look creepy at all, which is quite a feat of course. XD And I totally concur with your last post. I'll definitely post when I can to bump up the topic.
Thanks! I'm working on tweaking the drawing a bit and maybe sending it to the showcase. But, still, Firedancer is my priority

Velhav

09-18-2012

as long as he does the neutron dance ill buy it

Spookypatrol

09-19-2012

Hmm, so I skimmed some of the other popular skin idea threads recently to see where Firedancer stood and to see if I could get any ideas on how to get people to help keep this topic active. I think keeping a solid tally on the progress (maybe bi-weekly or monthly?) of the topic may help me take note of popularity trends. So I may start doing that~

Additionally, I feel like I need to better organize the first post, so I'm thinking of splitting it into proper segments and perhaps drawing out sketches of his animations and such in the skin. I'd like to know what you guys think (even though I'll probably do that anyway :P)

Spookypatrol

09-19-2012

A treat for those of you who look at more than just my first post. If you were ever curious to know what Draven looks like without his Fu Manchu

Attachment 528714

It's the colored and refined version of the black and white semi-realistic sketch I did of him earlier, I just photoshopped the mustache out, too, to see how it would look XD I am guilty of greatly preferring this version... but I know well in my heart that his mustache is so characteristic he would not be the same without it.

ThePlatypirate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-19-2012

I'd love to see sketches of his spell animations and such. It'd definitely help visualise how the skin would work in game, which is always good.
I also think people would love to see the splash art. Even if you just post what you had done in the old thread and update it gradually. The awesome splash was what got Astronautilus and Pool Party Ziggs noticed after all.

thayer killer

09-20-2012

perfect great awesome how else can i explain the creativity you are a great artist and i expect to see more great thoughts and pictures - thayer killer

Spookypatrol

09-20-2012

Thanks, thayer killer I hope my later artwork can stay on par (or, preferably, be better) than my current work~

Speaking of, I am going back and working on the splash art now, so be sure to look out for updates, everyone.