Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Jungling MUMU

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

09-13-2012

Howdy Guys,

I've decided Amumu is my next character to learn and damn he is awesome. Played 10 games with him in normal, first two i was failhard. The last 8 I won handily, including the last one me and my duo partner carried the heck out of our retarded teammates.

Anyway just wanted a critique of my build.

Masteries-
9-(AP, CD, Spell Pen)/
11-hardiness, bladed armor, veterans scars
10-Mana, recall, mana regen, 2 points in movement, and runic affinity

Rune Page
Red-Ad
Yellow-Armor
Blue-AS (i like it don't judge)
Quint-1 AS, 2 Armor Pen

Start with E, W, E, Q, E, R. Max REW first.
Boots/Potsx3.

Wolves, blue, wraiths, golems, wolfes, wraiths, recall. Buy Hp5 on route to Philo
If there is a lane ready to be ganked I get red and then hustle on over. Otherwise keep grinding.
I don't counter jungle much unless I know where their jungler is. How do I do 1v1 alone vs other jungles? I know from experience I can eat nocturne and can usually escape from WW.

Items-
Core- Philo, HoG, and Kage, Mercury's Treads, Sunfire
Other- Abysal Scepter, Rylais, Frozen Heart.

MuhGeeSher

09-13-2012

I go Magic Pen Reds, Movement Quints, Armor Yellows & Flat MR/MR per lvl. blues.
I start with armor cloth + pots.. > W, E, W, Q ( then maxing REWQ )
For Masteries, I believe I go 0,21,9. but I think I've done 9,12,9.. and that worked best for me.
I rush Philo + HoG asap. I feel that the Kage's would just take room so I never get it.
I prefer Rod of Ages/ BV over Rylais because of Catalyst Passive and I'm usually mana hungry after 2nd blue is given to mid.. but Rylais is still good; personal preference.
Items usually become situational depending on enemy's team comp.
Frozen Heart/ Sunfire / Randuins if AD is dominant in enemy team.
Banshee's/ FoN / Anyssal if AP is dominant in enemy team.

XxxLumberJackxxX

09-13-2012

Wouldnt armor pen and flat dmg make your clears faster?

EroticBanana

09-13-2012

This is how I build Amumu... I feel that it's the optimal way to build him -->
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/jungle-amumu-a-guide-to-depressing-your-enemies-193252

He's really weak as a duelist early game so try to avoid fights with the enemy jungler.

And please don't ever get AD/AS runes on him.

XxxLumberJackxxX

09-13-2012

Why do you start W instead of E?

Just read that part of the guide. Im going to go test it. :P

5kyMarshall

09-14-2012

I always start with 'W' when jungling, mate.
Less Mana consumption and is based on percentage.

Like above, he's pretty bad early against any counter jungles. Also my skill upgrades are;
W, E, Q (Because I gank straight after level 3), E, E, R

Making REWQ

With your beginning items, I always get Regrowth Pendant first with a single potion. Rushing to get Philosopher and Heart of Gold then Mercury treads is best IMO.

Regards,

TheUnburned

09-14-2012

AD/AS/APen runes are less than worthless on Amumu. It might slightly improve his clear time, but they're completely useless in fights (compared to, for example, Magic Penetration marks). In fact, you'd get a faster clear time out of using AP runes, and those would still be more useful in teamfights than what you have now.

You should probably start Regrowth + health pot for jungling, since you have the armor seals (Otherwise I'd suggest cloth armor + 5 health pots). That'll get you through the first jungle clear with a decent amount of health if your teammates give you a nice leash on Blue.

TTTony19

09-14-2012

i used to strat with Gp5 item on mumu but it set you back a bit in gold because i usually rush giant belt to melt them while then cant kill you...insted of philo and HoG i start boots x3, then buy 2 doran ring for health, AP, and MANA REGEN!!!

philo + HoG give you less mana regen then the 2 doran, and the same health.

start wovle, do a lvl4 route maxing E,W,E,Q because the E cooldown redution on hit work better and your team will leash anyway!

with boots, your Q to gap close and the red buff you can gank really well!

i get magic pen boot for even more damage!

after my giant belt i get a chain vest or a negatron depending on the enemy and i build sunfire cap and abysal at every game extra item could be rylai for a perma slow in fight!

MuhGeeSher

09-14-2012

Quote:
TTTony19:
i used to strat with Gp5 item on mumu but it set you back a bit in gold because i usually rush giant belt to melt them while then cant kill you...insted of philo and HoG i start boots x3, then buy 2 doran ring for health, AP, and MANA REGEN!!!

philo + HoG give you less mana regen then the 2 doran, and the same health.

start wovle, do a lvl4 route maxing E,W,E,Q because the E cooldown redution on hit work better and your team will leash anyway!

with boots, your Q to gap close and the red buff you can gank really well!

i get magic pen boot for even more damage!

after my giant belt i get a chain vest or a negatron depending on the enemy and i build sunfire cap and abysal at every game extra item could be rylai for a perma slow in fight!

Double Dorans seems like a total waste on Amumu. HoG + Philosopher does the job.
Double dorans would just go to waste in the end whereas, HoG can be turned into Randuins and Philosophers ino Shur. Rev. - Also keep in mind - you need to be getting some extra gold for wards as well which proves the gp5 to be better, in my opinion. Be wary that your ganks may fail which leads to you not getting supports = NO money.

XxxLumberJackxxX

09-14-2012

Pretty sure I will never sue double dorans. Sorry bro.