Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Noob question about ad carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wopak

09-13-2012

So I have a noob question for ad carry role.

When playing as ad carry (lets just say graves) after several minutes I have my first item either Blood Thirst or Infinity Edge, and I noticed that the enemy jungler and top laner is stacking armor.

So if I continue with Phantom dancer most of them time my damage was like a marshmallow to them, but do I need to make Last Whisper in this case? and then proceed to Phantom Dancer or vice versa.

Please give me a suggestion.

MuhGeeSher

09-13-2012

Well, what runes/ masteries do you have?
I have 25 % Pen in Runes alone and however more in Masteries.
Personally. I would get B.T/I.E, grab Phantom and then move onto Last Whisper.
No one should have that much armor..for your hits to be nothing unless you're going against a Rammus or something crazy. . or Unless they are fed. It shouldn't be a problem until late-game most of the time.

wopak

09-13-2012

For runes I use atck damage damage on red and quin.
Armor on yellow and MR on blue.

mastery is mostly 21/8/1.

and here my usual item order:

Shoes + 3 pots > 2 dorans > Vampric specter > I.E/BT > P.D > last whisper
on late game I will sell the doran and buy item depend on what I need.
(and yes I usually buy ward most of them time).

MuhGeeSher

09-13-2012

Quote:
wopak:
For runes I use atck damage damage on red and quin.
Armor on yellow and MR on blue.

mastery is mostly 21/8/1.

and here my usual item order:

Shoes + 3 pots > 2 dorans > Vampric specter > I.E/BT > P.D > last whisper
on late game I will sell the doran and buy item depend on what I need.
(and yes I usually buy ward most of them time).

Never buy wards unless you're insanely fed . Your support should be doing all the warding, not you. I build almost the same.
Although I prefer Armor Pen runes over Flat damage because I feel that double dorans does the job with the Armor Pen early on.
Why 21/8/1?
Why not go 21/9/0?
You can grab the extra 30 health. 3 in Armor, 1 in MR, 4 in HP per lvl. and 1 in +30 Health.
I'm assuming you grab Enhanced Flash. I personally believe the 15 seconds isn't worth it over 30 health. but I can see why you would want that. It's your choice. Personal preference.

Tadiken

09-13-2012

Quote:
MuhGeeSher:
Never buy wards unless you're insanely fed . Your support should be doing all the warding, not you. I build almost the same.
Although I prefer Armor Pen runes over Flat damage because I feel that double dorans does the job with the Armor Pen early on.
Why 21/8/1?
Why not go 21/9/0?
You can grab the extra 30 health. 3 in Armor, 1 in MR, 4 in HP per lvl. and 1 in +30 Health.
I'm assuming you grab Enhanced Flash. I personally believe the 15 seconds isn't worth it over 30 health. but I can see why you would want that. It's your choice. Personal preference.
Someone did the math on it, damage reds give you 10 more damage to a 30 armor target at level 1. Armor pen reds give you 4 more damage at level 18. What would you rather have, 10 more damage at level one or 4 more at level 18.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-13-2012

I will occasionally build a Last Whisper after a BT or IE. If I'm against a triple tank team or for whatever reason they're stacking armor, it's a good item to have. Plus, it's so comparatively cheap I can toss it into the build wherever.

If I need to deal with armor early, though, I sorta think the Black Cleaver is better for it. For armor < 100 the flat reduction from the Cleaver is more. For armor > 100 the percentage reduction from the Whisper is better. Plus, the Cleaver gives a nice chunk of AD and the AS boost is nothing to sneeze at either. If, say, Amumu's got a Sunfire Cape and he's irritating me, I can completely negate the armor from that item with the Cleaver whereas the Whisper only penetrates 40% of it.