Noob question about ad carry

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wopak

09-13-2012

So I have a noob question for ad carry role.

When playing as ad carry (lets just say graves) after several minutes I have my first item either Blood Thirst or Infinity Edge, and I noticed that the enemy jungler and top laner is stacking armor.

So if I continue with Phantom dancer most of them time my damage was like a marshmallow to them, but do I need to make Last Whisper in this case? and then proceed to Phantom Dancer or vice versa.

Please give me a suggestion.

MuhGeeSher

09-13-2012

Well, what runes/ masteries do you have?
I have 25 % Pen in Runes alone and however more in Masteries.
Personally. I would get B.T/I.E, grab Phantom and then move onto Last Whisper.
No one should have that much armor..for your hits to be nothing unless you're going against a Rammus or something crazy. . or Unless they are fed. It shouldn't be a problem until late-game most of the time.

wopak

09-13-2012

For runes I use atck damage damage on red and quin.
Armor on yellow and MR on blue.

mastery is mostly 21/8/1.

and here my usual item order:

Shoes + 3 pots > 2 dorans > Vampric specter > I.E/BT > P.D > last whisper
on late game I will sell the doran and buy item depend on what I need.
(and yes I usually buy ward most of them time).

MuhGeeSher

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wopak View Post
For runes I use atck damage damage on red and quin.
Armor on yellow and MR on blue.

mastery is mostly 21/8/1.

and here my usual item order:

Shoes + 3 pots > 2 dorans > Vampric specter > I.E/BT > P.D > last whisper
on late game I will sell the doran and buy item depend on what I need.
(and yes I usually buy ward most of them time).
Never buy wards unless you're insanely fed . Your support should be doing all the warding, not you. I build almost the same.
Although I prefer Armor Pen runes over Flat damage because I feel that double dorans does the job with the Armor Pen early on.
Why 21/8/1?
Why not go 21/9/0?
You can grab the extra 30 health. 3 in Armor, 1 in MR, 4 in HP per lvl. and 1 in +30 Health.
I'm assuming you grab Enhanced Flash. I personally believe the 15 seconds isn't worth it over 30 health. but I can see why you would want that. It's your choice. Personal preference.

port5

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuhGeeSher View Post
Never buy wards unless you're insanely fed . Your support should be doing all the warding, not you. I build almost the same.
Although I prefer Armor Pen runes over Flat damage because I feel that double dorans does the job with the Armor Pen early on.
Why 21/8/1?
Why not go 21/9/0?
You can grab the extra 30 health. 3 in Armor, 1 in MR, 4 in HP per lvl. and 1 in +30 Health.
I'm assuming you grab Enhanced Flash. I personally believe the 15 seconds isn't worth it over 30 health. but I can see why you would want that. It's your choice. Personal preference.
Someone did the math on it, damage reds give you 10 more damage to a 30 armor target at level 1. Armor pen reds give you 4 more damage at level 18. What would you rather have, 10 more damage at level one or 4 more at level 18.

Lord Puppy Fury

09-13-2012

I will occasionally build a Last Whisper after a BT or IE. If I'm against a triple tank team or for whatever reason they're stacking armor, it's a good item to have. Plus, it's so comparatively cheap I can toss it into the build wherever.

If I need to deal with armor early, though, I sorta think the Black Cleaver is better for it. For armor < 100 the flat reduction from the Cleaver is more. For armor > 100 the percentage reduction from the Whisper is better. Plus, the Cleaver gives a nice chunk of AD and the AS boost is nothing to sneeze at either. If, say, Amumu's got a Sunfire Cape and he's irritating me, I can completely negate the armor from that item with the Cleaver whereas the Whisper only penetrates 40% of it.