Looking to buy a tank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Positive MD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-21-2010

I already have a melee dps (master yi) and a ranged dps (Tristana ans Ashe) but now i'm looking to buy a tank.

Which champion would be an easy tank to use?

Nid

09-21-2010

Shen or Garen are the easiest tanks to use and both are very good champions.

joshiez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2010

Shen is the best 'pure' tank in the game, with Garen/Amumu/Rammus closely behind... Amumu is amazing, but tricky especially for a newer player... Rammus is (to me) boring, and Garen... Well, that's cheating.

Morrigane

09-21-2010

Garen and Rammus are both good tanks and easy to play. IMO, Rammus is very fun ^^

Kharibou

09-21-2010

Rammus is hilarious. Use your taunt to make people attack you by your turret and get shot.

EmergencyCombo

09-21-2010

So many good tanks right now. Amumu is definitely the flavor of the month tank right now. Shen, Rammus, Taric, they're really all good. Just pick put the tank that appeals to you the most. I prefer Galio because the meta is shifting into an AP meta and his ultimate is just brutal. If you don't plan on jungling I probably wouldn't get Amumu. Despite what I said, I would look at Shen and Rammus. Shen being the better champion imo.

EmergencyCombo

09-21-2010

Also, if you're just looking for someone cheap, Alistar and Amumu. Both are great, both are 1350 ip.

PRNmeds

09-21-2010

Shen! He's a flippin' ninja!

edit: he is also super good at creeping, so you can get items pretty easily, making him stronger =)

Stillhart

09-21-2010

Garen doesn't have any control moves so I wouldn't consider him a tank, just beefy dps. And as powerful as he is, I've found him to be amazingly boring to play. Waste of 3150 IP.

I recently started messing with Amumu and he's really good. So good, in fact, that by mid-late game I get focus fired constantly because I can put out so much damage. Rammus is decently fun to play and he can really frustrate the other team with his taunt. He can also put out good damage, but not nearly as consistently as Amumu.

Leib Olmai

09-21-2010

Garen IS NOT a tank.
He's a "DPS" that can do pretty good damage with tanky-item.
Stacking sunfire and spinning isn't tanking.

Right now the tank you could from are most likely :

Shen (Very good tank, nice ultimate, can jungle, do "decent damage, nothing superb tho" taunt too)
Rammus (Very good tank, His Ult is a short CD AoE damage that can also damage structure. Have a taunt, a reflect a slow, and more armor you have, more damage you do)
Amumu (One of the tank that poeple hate most to fight against. He have good tank ability, his ult is a root which is really powerfull. He got a stun and his other skill are AoE damage which so alot of damage)
Alistar (A bit underpower, but he have ALOT of disable / knock into the air, stun, knockback, and a ult that make him almost invicible)
Singed (I hate fighting agasint him. He have a unique playstyle, can kill poeple pretty easy, harder to play than the other, you really have to be more agressive with him)
Galio ( Most likely anti-magic tank. AoE Dmg / taunt ult, very nice tank, more a counter tank but, I like him)
Taric (Support tank, can be built other than tank, but can tank pretty well)
Malphite (He's more an off-tank, or I would say a good initiator with his ult which knockback poeople and he have a slow and a good defensive spell)
Gragas (Same as malphite. But alot of poeple play in AP, which isn't tank at all. He can initiate with his ult, but if you dont built him tank, he won't tank alot)
Cho'gath (A beast tank that can be hard to down if he's max stack on his ult. Altough, he don't do really much in fight, he have a silence and knock but, its far to be the best tank out there)
Nunu (A support off-tank, some poeple play him AP like Gragas, which don't make him really tank. His ult looks like galio, but it slow instead. Can buff his ally, heal himself on ennemy minions and slow poeple)